• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA VS KING KONG: MONSTERVERSE (5/22/20)
3 3

345 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Namtak said:

I couldnt care less about godzilla 2014,the story sucked at every level the army was a headless mass running amuck in every way possible could not make their mind on the bomb,really a stupid story plus the opposing monsters wete lame eexept godzilla,Kong island,well the original mo ster fight from the 30s were more entertaining,but second godzilla with ghidorah was awsome and so is Kong vs godzilla

I never said it wasn’t a dumb story. I said it was a better story than Godzilla VS Kong. 

Edited by Oddball

Godzilla vs Kong made its successful debut at the end of March, and it has proven monsters still have a place on the big screen. After all, the MonsterVerse is thriving even amidst the pandemic all thanks to the kaiju flick. As you can imagine, plenty of fans are eager to know if the MonsterVerse will continue in light of this success, and it turns out that might just be the case.

A recent report for Deadline confirmed the interest is there with a recent box office feature. The trade got a quote from Legendary's chief Josh Grode, and the executive said, "we have a number of ideas for more movies."

As you can imagine, this quote is assuring to fans of the MonsterVerse. There are tons of untapped stories for the franchise to approach, but netizens do need to keep one thing in mind. Legendary might be the force bankrolling the MonsterVerse with help from Warner Bros. Pictures, but the franchise relies on licensing deals. Godzilla is firmly situated with Toho, and much of his kaiju comrades reside there as well. So if the MonsterVerse is going to continue, Toho will need to be onboard with the deal for things to move forward.

Fight scenes were fun (reminded me of the silly Dragon ball Z movies my kids watch where the fights never seem to end). Rest of it though was pretty meh.

Strong numbers are no surprise as the hype, and need, for a tent pole movie was long overdue. Let’s hope it builds some momentum for upcoming films this year.

On 4/4/2021 at 7:58 PM, chrisco37 said:

I just watched it and thought it was the biggest piece of carp I’ve ever seen.  So ridiculously stupid.  
I didn’t go in expecting anything and I was still disappointed.  It sucked even worse than I thought it could:

As I said over in the WC, I’d watch Transformers before I’d watch this turd again.  

Finally saw this movie tonight and was trying to organize my thoughts on it.  The above pretty much sums it up.

I don't mind suspending my disbelief when I watch a movie.

But to do that for this one, I'd have to crack my skull open with a hatchet and flush my brain down a toilet.  There was so much stoopid in this movie that my brain simply couldn't keep making excuses for it. :facepalm:

Yes....there were a lot of action packed monster fight scenes, which I sort of liked, and I'm sure kids will enjoy.....but I'm not 12 anymore and that alone isn't what makes a movie good to me

I wanted to see it........I'm glad I finally saw it and got it over with........I won't be watching it again.

6 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Finally saw this movie tonight and was trying to organize my thoughts on it.  The above pretty much sums it up.

I don't mind suspending my disbelief when I watch a movie.

But to do that for this one, I'd have to crack my skull open with a hatchet and flush my brain down a toilet.  There was so much stoopid in this movie that my brain simply couldn't keep making excuses for it. :facepalm:

Yes....there were a lot of action packed monster fight scenes, which I sort of liked, and I'm sure kids will enjoy.....but I'm not 12 anymore and that alone isn't what makes a movie good to me

I wanted to see it........I'm glad I finally saw it and got it over with........I won't be watching it again.

"We're gonna email a power signal!"

I'm not sure if that's the dumbest thing in the movie, but it stuck with me...

11 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

"We're gonna email a power signal!"

I'm not sure if that's the dumbest thing in the movie, but it stuck with me...

Yeah.....let's cut a core sample.......and then email it's signature......which......you know......transmits almost unlimited power to the surface.

I'm also still trying to figure out why they needed to add Woody Harrelson's crazy conspiracy character from the movie "2012" to this one.

Spoiler Alert:  He turned out to be right........in both movies. :gossip:

Woody.thumb.jpg.69ba9c9920457d3ff2f45adb3ea27f0b.jpg

I did like when Godzilla was getting the better of Kong and clawed up his chest.  Here's a clip from that battle:

55pxwt.gif.07e8f85a5be52b82f6deaf5ef54a5602.gif

However.....I am still trying to figure out why they looked surprised when Kong figured out they built the Hunger Games dome over his island.  

Did they figure he couldn't see them when they were building this island sized dome....or perhaps he was in his secret classroom the whole time learning sign language.

Oh well.....forget all of that......just tell me where I can buy one of those winged serpent severed head cocktail glasses and a magic Godzilla spike hatchet for my collection.

I watched it yesterday and it wasn't as bad as people have been saying.  It was a little sappy but the battle scenes where sweet.  I can't go over a C grade but it was enjoyable.