• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA VS KING KONG: MONSTERVERSE (5/22/20)
3 3

345 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2019 at 4:22 PM, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I'm expecting Kong to win, but seriously if they did it properly 

Godzilla sees King Kong in about the 5th minute of the film, Fries him and Kong is burnt to ashes.

Roll credits

Runtime - 9 minute film

The end 

I think not sir...

3E0F830F-7B5E-4F2F-8DBB-81CE91271C59.gif.a60b592678ec02a5beea9c9ee393364b.gif

768A533C-7749-4784-B45F-57F1BFED5638.gif.aedc919f801ac28b8dc89a6d70dbbaba.gif

Edited by N e r V

4 hours ago, october said:

Yeah, I don't understand the matchup. Pass. 

emotion01.gif.194780d11da91ca54f7e0882ac6017b9.gif

:baiting:

Sometimes, you just have to enjoy the ride we are seeing Big Monster films, with fights.

Edited by Bosco685

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Probably gonna be a ripoff of BvS.

10 minutes of fighting until the real threat comes along. Any Kaiju bigger than Ghidorah..?

So Kong and Godzilla’s mothers are both named Martha? :whatthe:

1 minute ago, N e r V said:

So Kong and Godzilla’s mothers are both named Martha? :whatthe:

Martha Mothra has a nice ring to it

51 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

:baiting:

Sometimes, you just have to enjoy the ride we are seeing Big Monster films, with fights.

I am not great at "just turning my brain off" like people are so keen to advise when it comes to this stuff. It IS possible to make internally consistent, well plotted movies with big monsters in them. It just isn't done very often, probably because enough....less discerning....viewers are left to fill the seats. 

Just now, october said:

I am not great at "just turning my brain off" like people are so keen to advise when it comes to this stuff. It IS possible to make internally consistent, well plotted movies with big monsters in them. It just isn't done very often, probably because enough....less discerning....viewers are left to fill the seats. 

They try to make me empathetic to the humans in the movie and it just doesn't work. It takes away from what could be better-written plot.

Even though Godzilla circa 2014 still had the human element, I thought it wasn't overdone and helped moved the plot along. I still haven't had a chance to see KOTM, but from the trailers it seems like there's more human BS in what should just be a gratuitous Kaiju bloodbath.

1 minute ago, october said:

I'm definitely not suggesting you go full brainless into a Big Monster film, drooling as they beat the heck out of each other. Nor would I expect these movies to make it that dumbed-down.

Heck, I was watching Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla last night, and at least that included the intent was to take down the former as a threat to Japan (this time). Though the way it ended was funny, as then they let him march off into the ocean with Baby Godzilla.

:insane:

You guys realize we’re posting suggestions of logical themes on a comic book fan boards where superheroes regularly fight for no reason other than to give the artists something to draw (or viewers something to watch) and go ow, aww at all the senseless action.

Just sayin’:devil:

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

The name's Mothra.... Martha Mothra.

tumblr_mhxraaOccd1qef4lro1_250.gif.1d4b4ed6d106819a00f101629df38402.gif

Just thought I'd try a second time. 

Somewhere in California a Hollywood screenwriter is stealing ideas for the next Godzilla -script from a comic book message boards...

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

You guys realize we’re posting suggestions of logical themes on a comic book fan boards where superheroes regularly fight for no reason other than to give the artists something to draw (or viewers something to watch) and go ow, aww at all the senseless action.

Just sayin’:devil:

If people keep lapping up the garbage they offer us like good little fanboys, it will never get better. 

Marvel has made a bunch of movies that are both entertaining and make sense, so it can be done. DC even managed to do it a few times, despite their best efforts  

...and most comics are unreadable junk. 

19 minutes ago, october said:

If people keep lapping up the garbage they offer us like good little fanboys, it will never get better. 

Marvel has made a bunch of movies that are both entertaining and make sense, so it can be done. DC even managed to do it a few times, despite their best efforts  

...and most comics are unreadable junk. 

I was just thinking about the numerous cliches in comics that seems to have transferred into their movies like when 2 heroes meet they must fight before teaming up or illogical agendas by villains or taking the hard way to do things when a easier way exists or having the villain have the upper hand until the very end when the hero (finally) overcomes him or you get the point.

I enjoy Marvel/DC movies in the same way I enjoyed the comics growing up as (mostly) mindless entertainment. Once in a while they surprise me but it’s mostly paint by numbers writing on most entertainment these days. Popcorn movies as they are known.

In response to your first line of comment I don’t see the public “growing” any time soon with needing good writing. Things like the Transformer movies prove that (sadly)...