• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA VS KING KONG: MONSTERVERSE (5/22/20)
3 3

345 posts in this topic

Save the date(s): IGN is excited to bring you a whole new way to celebrate all of your favorite games, movies and TV series: IGN Fan Fest. On February 26 and 27, the free, two-day digital event will feature exciting first looks, exclusive gameplay, cast reunions, new details, and interviews from around the world, spotlighting some of the biggest and most anticipated entertainment and games of the year.

The virtual event will be streamed across IGN's website, social and video platforms, apps and even on your Samsung TV (here’s a full list of how and where to watch IGN Fan Fest). And it's not just about the news, exclusives, and sneak peeks – IGN Fan Fest is all about the fans.

Godzilla vs Kong: Breaking Down Cinema's Biggest Brawl with Adam Wingard

Director Adam Wingard takes fans behind-the-scenes of the BIGGEST showdown of the year in an extended Q&A about Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures’ Godzilla vs. Kong, answering fan questions and offering a sneak peek at the super-sized blockbuster ahead of its March release in theaters internationally and in the U.S., and in the U.S. on HBO Max for 31 days from theatrical release.

About Godzilla vs. Kong: From Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures comes the long-awaited face-off between two icons in the epic adventure Godzilla vs. Kong, directed by Adam Wingard. Legends collide in Godzilla vs. Kong as these mythic adversaries meet in a spectacular battle for the ages, with the fate of the world hanging in the balance. Kong and his protectors undertake a perilous journey to find his true home, and with them is Jia, a young orphaned girl with whom he has formed a unique and powerful bond. But they unexpectedly find themselves in the path of an enraged Godzilla, cutting a swath of destruction across the globe. The epic clash between the two titans -- instigated by unseen forces -- is only the beginning of the mystery that lies deep within the core of the Earth.

9 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Less humans = better.

The human story sorta worked in Godzilla, but it was a certified s^&*-show in King of the Monsters.

The only modern example where I saw it work wonderfully was Shin Godzilla. You had a monster story while also seeing the Japanese bureaucracy getting in the way of an appropriate response if something like this occurred. So two big monsters portrayed parallel to one another throughout the film. And yet people are dying and a city is being destroyed.

The way the film is set up has me believing Kong will win because Godzilla is the aggressor here and Kong is captured to stop him. Kong will either win by beating the carp out of Godzilla (literally) causing him to retreat to fight another day or a third party will enter the scene and both Kong and Zilla will tag team against said third party. I don’t care. I just want destroyed cities with the human toll exceeding both Man of Steel and The Avengers.

Have a feeling Kong will win as well (ugh!) Every new trailer (which I will avoid from now on, giving away TOO much) Kong is portrayed as the underdog, so ....

But just hope it's not as hokey as BvS which I still think blew a more 'realistic' (I know, I know) outcome: Superman recovering from the dust and then proceeding to ripping that metal suit off of Bats, piece by piece with ease and just before the fatal blow Lois intervenes and talks Clark back into his senses and moral code. Batman then realizes if I just tried to kill this guy and when he has the opportunity he doesn't kill me? I obviously had the wrong idea.

What? Works better than 'Martha'

Now after that slight derailment we return to GvK

1 minute ago, sagii said:

Have a feeling Kong will win as well (ugh!) Every new trailer (which I will avoid from now on, giving away TOO much) Kong is portrayed as the underdog, so ....

But just hope it's not as hokey as BvS which I still think blew a more 'realistic' (I know, I know) outcome: Superman recovering from the dust and then proceeding to ripping that metal suit off of Bats, piece by piece with ease and just before the fatal blow Lois intervenes and talks Clark back into his senses and moral code. Batman then realizes if I just tried to kill this guy and when he has the opportunity he doesn't kill me? I obviously had the wrong idea.

What? Works better than 'Martha'

Now after that slight derailment we return to GvK

"If I wanted it, you'd be dead already." That was the point of the Martha scene. While not perfect, it's not awful either.

I think that by "win" they mean which titan will fall to the villain, and which one will end up delivering the killing blow.

3 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

If Kong wins, I will not be happy.

2 hours ago, Oddball said:

The way the film is set up has me believing Kong will win because Godzilla is the aggressor here and Kong is captured to stop him. Kong will either win by beating the carp out of Godzilla (literally) causing him to retreat to fight another day or a third party will enter the scene and both Kong and Zilla will tag team against said third party. I don’t care. I just want destroyed cities with the human toll exceeding both Man of Steel and The Avengers.

Since the leaks are all over the internets, may as well put it out there what possibly could take place.

1) Kong beats Godzilla

2) Then we realize Godzilla was Mechagodzilla the entire time

3) End credits - real Godzilla shows up and is pissed he missed the party

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

"If I wanted it, you'd be dead already." That was the point of the Martha scene. While not perfect, it's not awful either.

I think that by "win" they mean which titan will fall to the villain, and which one will end up delivering the killing blow.

Sometimes people need to shown, not just told...lol

That said,  you could be onto something.....