• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TERMINATOR 6 directed by Tim Miller (7/26/19)
2 2

328 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, bane said:

Shouldn’t have made anymore after T2.

Just watch the alternate ending where it says judgement day never happened and Sarah is old and sitting at the playground and call it canon. 

The terminator world has so much potential but they’ll never get it right. 

6 minutes ago, jason4 said:

Just watch the alternate ending where it says judgement day never happened and Sarah is old and sitting at the playground and call it canon. 

The terminator world has so much potential but they’ll never get it right. 

I hated that alternative ending.

23 minutes ago, bane said:

Unpopular opinion, but I actually liked the Christian Bale Terminator with Sam Worthington. They played off of each other well for me. Even the CGI for me was on-point to immerse you in this world.

Not that you need to appreciate it. :foryou:

14 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Unpopular opinion, but I actually liked the Christian Bale Terminator with Sam Worthington. They played off of each other well for me. Even the CGI for me was on-point to immerse you in this world.

Not that you need to appreciate it. :foryou:

Salvation is actually just ok, its never warranted repeat viewings for me. I remember seeing it at the time and when you had the CGI Arnold at the end, that blew me away more than anything else in the movie.

2 minutes ago, bane said:

Salvation is actually just ok, its never warranted repeat viewings for me. I remember seeing it at the time and when you had the CGI Arnold at the end, that blew me away more than anything else in the movie.

I liked how they didn't allow Bale's character to dwarf Worthington's throughout. It felt like an equally balanced film to show you a potential view of both sides. Though of course AI is the threat.

And even it demonstrating how mankind can't help but take advantage of one another at the worst of times.

5 hours ago, bane said:

I did too but at least we would have had to sit through all these movies. Or maybe they could have said t2:3D was the end. 

‘Terminator 6’ Title is Officially ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’

Terminator 6 now has a real title, and it’s one we’ve heard before: Terminator: Dark Fate. Producer James Cameron mentioned this as the working title last month, and it has now been confirmed as official. As far as titles go, it’s not great. Especially since it’s very close to an actual quote from the franchise, which asks the question: why not use that instead?

But maybe Dark Fate will make more sense once we see the movie. We still don’t know a whole lot about the new film. All we can say for sure is that it’s going to ignore everything after Terminator 2, which is a good idea. Deadpool‘s Tim Miller is directing, and original Terminator creator James Cameron helped come up with the story, with David S. Goyer writing the -script.

“This is a continuation of the story from Terminator 1 and Terminator 2. And we’re pretending the other films were a bad dream,” Cameron previously said. “Or an alternate timeline, which is permissible in our multi-verse. This was really driven more by [Tim] than anybody, surprisingly, because I came in pretty agnostic about where we took it. The only thing I insisted on was that we somehow revamp it and reinvent it for the 21st century.”

Schwarzenegger and star of the first two films Linda Hamilton are returning for the upcoming Terminator: Dark Fate, whose first footage debuted at Paramount Pictures' presentation at CinemaCon.

"Mexico City. A highway suddenly starts to freeze. Electric volts start to emerge. People start to notice. An orb forms in the middle of a bridge, putting a hole in it," ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis reports of the footage. "Cars crash. A couple that was making out on the hood of a car beneath the bridge sees a woman fall from the bridge, completely naked. They head over to her and discover she is alive. It’s Mackenzie Davis’ enhanced character. Police pull up. They question the couple and arrest one. The entire scene is in Spanish with subtitles. When they try to take the woman, she switches into combat mode and eliminates the officers swiftly and soundly. She doesn’t kill them, though. The couple thanks her for freeing them. She slowly walks to them, plants her foot right next to his, and says, 'Don’t thank me yet.' Cut ahead a moment and she is driving away wearing his clothes, leaving him out there without any."

Davis continues, "Later, somewhere else, Gabriel Luna’s Terminator forms near a car crash. Davis’ character is protecting Dani Ramos and tells her, 'When they start to kill me run.' Suddenly, Linda Hamilton pulls up in a truck and hits one of the Terminators with her car before emerging and turning her attention to Luna’s. She destroys him with a gun, sending him off the bridge, just before using a rocket launcher to blast the other machine. A montage of clips plays. It’s violent, it’s dark, it’s tremendously computerized and appears to be establishing a fully immersive world. Back to the bridge, Hamilton drops a grenade and tells Davis, 'I’ll be back.' Sarah Conner walks off, pulling out a shotgun as the explosion is carried out behind her."

The film was directed by Deadpool's Tim Miller, who worked with franchise creator James Cameron to bring the film to life.

“To say that working on this movie was a labor of love for me is an enormous understatement," Miller shared with the crowd. "I think all of you can imagine what a responsibility it is to take over this franchise…I still remember when I came to L.A. Saw it at a theater in Westwood. blew me away. If I could go back in time, like time travel’s a big thing in this movie, and tell that incredibly handsome young nerd that he would one day be continuing the story of these iconic characters, I would’ve passed out in my popcorn."

20 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

The couple thanks her for freeing them. She slowly walks to them, plants her foot right next to his, and says, 'Don’t thank me yet.' Cut ahead a moment and she is driving away wearing his clothes, leaving him out there without any."

This whole "Terminator being nude then stealing clothes" thing is getting lame.  After 6 movies they can't come up with something more unique(shrug)?  How about going to the nearest mall and buying something off the rack???  That would be funny and surprising.

I'm just venting.  I love the original Terminator and I see this series going down the toilet like the Aliens, Robocop, Halloween, Friday The 13th, and Predator franchise.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Spelling

33 minutes ago, bane said:

So, does anyone know any story details ?

Where is John Connor in this ?

Terminator: Dark Fate cast, release date, plot and everything you need to know

The actual plot is unknown at this point. What we do know is that the movie will be a direct sequel to Terminator 2: Judgement Day and will therefore be ignoring 3, 4 and 5 entirely.

"Pretending they were a bad dream" in fact, as James Cameron tactfully put it.

"This is a continuation of the story from Terminator 1 and Terminator 2. And we're pretending the other films were a bad dream. Or an alternate timeline, which is permissible in our multi-verse," he explained.

What we do know though is that the movie is only possible because of Hamilton's return. "The fact that Linda came back makes this particular Terminator fresh, this story could only continue with her in the role of Sarah Connor," director Tim Miller said.

"That's the most important thing for me. Linda reinvented this character in a way that both honours who she was before and brings something new to the role."

"I just hope those CGC forum folks like this. All they do is beetch about films, unless it has a Marvel credits logo." Miller smiles and winks when stating this.