• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TERMINATOR 6 directed by Tim Miller (7/26/19)
2 2

328 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

With Genisys, John Conner becomes a more advanced Terminator. It was an interesting twist on the traditional story. But I think they made it such a more complex story, this was probably difficult for people to wrap their heads around this.

Again, I really didn't have a problem with the story. And the way they changed Arnold to be the super-protector of Sarah Conner was pretty cool.

And Sarah Conner now serving as the savior was another cool twist on the original story.

Without seeing the whole movie, it seems fitting if I just :ohnoez:over these plot points.

Question: HOW does Skynet keep coming up with more and more advanced models when the resistance SMASHED SKYNET.  It obviously had all these models BEFORE IT WAS SMASHED because you cant make new models and send em back in time if you ARE SMASHED.  If it had these advanced models well then WHY TF did it send the most primitive model back to kill Sarah O' Connor????  THIS MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE!!!  The mere T1000 would have been unstoppable by Kyle Reese's Pieces!!!!

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Question: HOW does Skynet keep coming up with more and more advanced models when the resistance SMASHED SKYNET.  It obviously had all these models BEFORE IT WAS SMASHED because you cant make new models and send em back in time if you ARE SMASHED.  If it had these advanced models well then WHY TF did it send the most primitive model back to kill Sarah O' Connor????  THIS MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE!!!  The mere T1000 would have been unstoppable by Kyle Reese's Pieces!!!!

i don't care anything about the plot as long as Aunuld KILLS and KILLS again !!

(very much doubt he will kill more than one or two people ..if that , but one can always hope !!)

56 minutes ago, kav said:

illbeback01.JPG.55c34ef4d61974f76e2fc021b9340b0e.JPG

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

illbeback01.JPG.55c34ef4d61974f76e2fc021b9340b0e.JPG

looks more like Billy Idol than Arnold

1 hour ago, kav said:

Here’s a somewhat similar Star Wars question I’ve been stewing over lately - what bank keeps loaning the bad guys money???  MAYBE after Death Star I ok, the Empire’s credit rating probably didn’t tank completely, and maybe they had insurance on it.  But after Death Star II, who in their right mind is going to finance Starkiller Base?  Even if the First Order didn’t get saddled with Imperial fiscal liabilities.  Well, besides the galaxy far, far away’s equivalent of Prospect Capital, because they’ll do anything to pump up the loan origination kickback to their board.  But I like to think the ISE (Intergalactic Stock Exchange) comes down harshly on poorly run BDCs.

I think I went off track...

Tim Miller, who also directed 2016’s Deadpool understands where some people are coming from with franchise fatigue, and told Variety that played into how he approached this.

“If I was a nerd, and I am, I always imagine reading about plot or story and how I would feel as a fan. I can be objective that way, like I did with “Deadpool.” When I read online when we announced the film, “‘Terminator 6’? For f–k’s sake, why don’t they let it die?” I understand where those people are coming from. If it’s not great, then we’ve had enough. 

Jim [Cameron’s first 2 Terminator] movies are grounded in reality and character and just happen to have time travel and robots. I’m wired the same way. I want to give the audience a story about Sarah and these new characters and make everything else as realistic as possible. I want to sit in the audience and believe that this s–t could happen to me. That’s how I’m approaching it. “

Miller also discussed Mackenzie Davis’s character, and how Dark Fate puts a new spin on the Kyle Reese “protector” role.

“Joe [Abercrombie, author of the First Law series] came out with this idea that a new protector from the future is a machine fighter. It’s a painful life, and they’re scarred and take a lot of drugs to combat the pain of what’s been done to them. They don’t live a long time. It’s a very sacrificial role; they risk death to save others. And from the very first suggestion it was always a woman. We had to look for someone who has the physicality, but I’m very sensitive to actors. I didn’t just want a woman who could physically fit the role but emotionally as well. Mackenzie really wanted to do it; she came after the role. She worked harder than anybody.“

That is a very tortured existence, and could resonate with people if done correctly. Even with the return of Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger, Davis was the most interesting part of the trailer for me.

Not one to mince words, Miller also commented on the whiny misogynists who complained that a movie, which is anchored by one of the most bad female characters in motion picture history, has too many women in it, and that the casting of Davis was just a PC thing.

“If you’re at all enlightened, she’ll play like gangbusters. If you’re a closet misogynist, she’ll scare the f–k out of you, because she’s tough and strong but very feminine. We did not trade certain gender traits for others; she’s just very strong, and that frightens some dudes. You can see online the responses to some of the early s–t that’s out there, trolls on the internet. I don’t give a f–k.“

Never change, Mr. Miller. You’re the best.