• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TERMINATOR 6 directed by Tim Miller (7/26/19)
2 2

328 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Juno Beach said:

Obviously I don't think they made this movie with an agenda to 'undermine white males' or whatever. Do you?

Nope - but it was evident they deliberately flipped the -script to promote woman power and the pro immagration narrative.  I don't have any issues with Black Panther promoting a powerful black character (was about time) but this movie felt preachy and forced in many ways.  I thought the story was ok but I would have skipped it and watched several good shows on Netflix if I didn't have the AMC pass that gives me 3 movies a week.  And I'm in the prime age demographic that seemed to bring up the totals for the recent Rambo.  Rambo stayed true to its original message and it did well.  Terminator tried to switch stuff up and it was an epic failure.  Read into it what you will.

Edited by 1Cool

Just got back from seeing this movie today.

Forget all the other :censored: you may have read

from all the "critics" this movie is a solid 7 out of 10

with the last 25 minutes a solid 8 out of 10 till the end.

If you are looking for the "real" follow up to T2 this is it.

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Nope - but it was evident they deliberately flipped the --script to promote woman power and the pro immagration narrative.  I don't have any issues with Black Panther promoting a powerful black character (was about time) but this movie felt preachy and forced in many ways.  I thought the story was ok but I would have skipped it and watched several good shows on Netflix if I didn't have the AMC pass that gives me 3 movies a week.  And I'm in the prime age demographic that seemed to bring up the totals for the recent Rambo.  Rambo stayed true to its original message and it did well.  Terminator tried to switch stuff up and it was an epic failure.  Read into it what you will.

Are you always looking for a subliminal message to get triggered over? What pro immigration narrative? The fact that they didn’t center every single Terminator story in Los Angeles? 

Yeah, Rambo pretty much stuck to white dudes only in the good guy roles. At least that one won’t offend you 

29 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Yeah, Rambo pretty much stuck to white dudes only in the good guy roles. At least that one won’t offend you 

Are you talking about the newest one? I thought the entire cast other than him was non-white.  His “daughter/niece” was an educated young Hispanic girl about to head to college.  The older female was a hardworking woman that took care of them and the house.  The female that saves Rambo’s life was a Hispanic reporter that risked her life to save and help him. Sounds like all good people to me. 

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Nope - but it was evident they deliberately flipped the --script to promote woman power and the pro immagration narrative.  I don't have any issues with Black Panther promoting a powerful black character (was about time) but this movie felt preachy and forced in many ways.  I thought the story was ok but I would have skipped it and watched several good shows on Netflix if I didn't have the AMC pass that gives me 3 movies a week.  And I'm in the prime age demographic that seemed to bring up the totals for the recent Rambo.  Rambo stayed true to its original message and it did well.  Terminator tried to switch stuff up and it was an epic failure.  Read into it what you will.

I don't know why you think it's preachy but I thought 

Spoiler

switching it from 'she's going to be the mother of the next John Connor' to 'she's going to be the next John Connor'  was an interesting twist. 

Not sure where you got a pro immigration stance from this movie. 

27 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Will have to see this movie to see what all the fuss is about :popcorn:

Its not super obvious other than a line or two. We are just dissecting possible motivations of the writing.

Other than one major thing that makes or breaks it for some people, it is actually a pretty good movie. 

Edited by CAHokie

1 minute ago, CAHokie said:

Its not super obvious other than a line or two. We are just dissecting possible motivations of the writing.

Other than one major thing that makes or breaks it for some people, it is actually a pretty good movie. 

Most movies these days have hidden agendas just quietly, I don't think about it when I'm watching a movie, but afterwards when I walk out, I think what the hell was that all about 

12 hours ago, Juno Beach said:

Obviously I don't think they made this movie with an agenda to 'undermine white males' or whatever. Do you?

Who said anything about "white males"???

What in the Hell are you talking about???

O.o

12 hours ago, The Brain said:

If you are looking for the "real" follow up to T2 this is it.

Personally I was never looking for a follow up to T2, the story "ended". I have no intention of seeing this at the cinema, I'll watch it when its a streaming platform. I've read several spoiler reviews, sure, it sounds like a solid action movie and as Mark Kermode (UK reviewer) said, "its the best Terminator since T2 but that's not saying much".

T2 is one of my desert island movies (especially the extended special edition which is infinitely better than the original theatrical release), but its a played out franchise with little to no originality left. Take the other sequels.

T3 - You didn't stop Judgement Day, just delayed it. Yawn.
Salvation - Probably the most logical sequel being a prequel, however it was a dark boring mess.
Genisys - You didn't stop Judgement Day, just delayed it with a different timeline and new a Skynet. Other than the nostalgia at the start. Yawn.
Dark Fate - You stopped Judgement Day, but you've actually delayed with a different SkyNet now called Legion. With the whole movie sounding like a rehash of the first two. Yawn.

And now its a box office bomb. Not because of perceived agendas, but simply because nobody cares about Terminator anymore (the masses at least), just look at The Predator and Alien Covenant.

5 hours ago, bane said:
And now its a box office bomb. Not because of perceived agendas, but simply because nobody cares about Terminator anymore (the masses at least), just look at The Predator and Alien Covenant.

This.

I really don't see any PC, feminist or anti-white agenda with this film.

Rather, I think folks just weren't interested in a sixth (!) Terminator film.

Also, it cannot be worse that Genisys, which

Spoiler

made John Conner the villain.

6 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

This.

I really don't see any PC, feminist or anti-white agenda with this film.

Rather, I think folks just weren't interested in a sixth (!) Terminator film.

Also, it cannot be worse that Genisys, which

Reveal hidden contents

made John Conner the villain.

The director seemed to think there could be some back lash to the social justice component to the film, he was proactively trying to mock/shame any reaction to it. 

Nothing wrong with doing woke terminator, just be prepared cause some buying public gets turned off by it and likely won’t go. 

On 11/5/2019 at 1:00 PM, zhamlau said:

Deadline says $130MM, close enough given Holllywood accounting

Paramount/Skydance Media/Fox’s mechanical breakdown with Terminator: Dark Fate, which is set to lose $130 million off an estimated combined $325M production and global P&A cost and $29M stateside opening.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:01 PM, zhamlau said:

If this movie is so good or at least decent, and it’s a loved franchise...why are people not going to it? It gets good paid reviews, highly positive media coverage too. Why did people avoid it?

It went against this for competition. Most likely why Terminator 6 was a flop. Came out basically over the same weekend.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’ Sales Top $600 Million In Three Days.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/10/30/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-sales-top-600-million-in-three-days/#5683edd17956

• It’s the top selling “premium” (ie. $60) game of 2019.
  • It’s the best digital opening in Activision history.
  • It’s the best-selling COD launch on PC ever.
  • It’s the most digitally pre-ordered game on PS4 ever.
  • It sold the most digital copies in three days on PS4 ever.
  • It has more total hours played and total players than any COD in six years.
  • And they want to point out that the $600 million “opening weekend” more than doubled the opening of Joker. Alright.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur