• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TERMINATOR 6 directed by Tim Miller (7/26/19)
2 2

328 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

It went against this. Most likely why Terminator 6 was a flop. Came out basically over the same weekend.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’ Sales Top $600 Million In Three Days.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/10/30/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-sales-top-600-million-in-three-days/#5683edd17956

• It’s the top selling “premium” (ie. $60) game of 2019.
  • It’s the best digital opening in Activision history.
  • It’s the best-selling COD launch on PC ever.
  • It’s the most digitally pre-ordered game on PS4 ever.
  • It sold the most digital copies in three days on PS4 ever.
  • It has more total hours played and total players than any COD in six years.
  • And they want to point out that the $600 million “opening weekend” more than doubled the opening of Joker. Alright.

Interesting take, don’t know if it’s all the same audience or the same money but it’s another layer to think about.

Just now, zhamlau said:

Interesting take, don’t know if it’s all the same audience or the same money but it’s another layer to think about.

Same thing kind of happened with Avengers: Age of Ultron as it didn't do a great of opening as Avengers 1 because Avengers: Age of Ultron went against the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao title fight which was the top grossing ppv boxing match of all time.

Sometimes there is other competition that isn't movie related.

8 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Same thing kind of happened with Avengers: Age of Ultron as it didn't do a great of opening as Avengers 1 because Avengers: Age of Ultron went against the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao title fight which was the top grossing ppv boxing match of all time.

Sometimes there is other competition that isn't movie related.

This.

And thanks for pointing out that video games have been hurting movie ticket sales nearly as much as streaming has. The blockbuster releases -- as you pointed out in your example -- dwarf Hollywood releases.

20 hours ago, jcjames said:

Why did you make this a racial issue?

Are you racist?

If you read the forums at moviechat.org there are a dozen or more threads about how this movie has an agenda against white men. 

I said I don't think this is true. 

You said maybe the movie has an agenda and to let it sink. 

I asked you what agenda were you talking about. 

You then asked why did I make this a racial issue (see first sentence).

Then you asked if I'm racist. No, why?

So I'll ask again, what agenda were you talking about?

Honestly TERMINATOR is like Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street. Alien, Ghost Busters and Predator.

All great franchises but the modern young audiences don`t care no more.

Bring on Antman 3 WHO will beat all of those tired franchises at the modern box office.

lol.

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Honestly TERMINATOR is like Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street. Alien, Ghost Busters and Predator.

All great franchises but the modern young audiences don`t care no more.

Bring on Antman 3 WHO will beat all of those tired franchises at the modern box office.

lol.

I think also by the choices they made they lost their pre-millennial audience too. Basically no one wanted this.

6 hours ago, Juno Beach said:

Good for you. 

What agenda were you talking about?

You mean when I said "What if the movie IS an agenda?"?

Maybe try to keep your train of thought in THIS thread instead of looking for ways to bring out your race-baiting garbage ("undermining white males") that you learn in other forums.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:35 AM, Juno Beach said:

Go read some comments on Moviechat and tell me there's no agenda to sink this movie. 

On 11/4/2019 at 9:44 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The agendas are typically in the movie. Desiring escapism is a valid expectation IMO.

Some people are okay putting up with it. Personally, I don't want any of it. I can tolerate bits and pieces.

Are the characters good/faithful? Is the story good/faithful? That's what I want to know. Normally, if they are not, that's when the affirmative action gets criticized/highlighted.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:49 AM, Juno Beach said:

Understood. It can be seen as the sequel to T2 and not any of the other sequels. The story is tight, no plot holes, good effects, great action scenes and seeing Arnold is always awesome. Having Linda back was a bonus. I loved the first two movies, the rest not so much. This is the third best one imo. 

7 hours ago, jcjames said:

Now, why are YOU bringing racist garbage into this thread?

Do you have a problem with "white males"?

I'm not sure how me saying I don't think the movie had an agenda to undermine white males could be construed as an attack on white males. That's a bizarre take away. You still never said what you think the agenda is. You just quoted somebody else's opinion.

On 10/22/2019 at 2:47 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you enjoy final battles with the main bad guy terminator, you'll have several chances, as the premise of this baddy terminator is that he can only be escaped not destroyed...

There I don't feel I've ruined anything....

Reminds me of Nemesis from Resident Evil 3.

Edited by Ken Aldred

8 hours ago, media_junkie said:

Forbes is reporting that this weekend the movie will pull in around $10 million and end up at 65 to 75 million domestic total run.  Overseas is not helping offset the difference.  This is a colossal bomb.

I think another thing about the Terminator franchise that turns a lot of people off is it has such a dark future for mankind. What was cool with a lot of people who where in their teens or young adults doesn't seem as cool anymore as full fledged adults. 

I rewatched the first four terminator movies this week. The first two are still incredible after all of these years. I didn’t hate part 3 as much as I did when it came out. Salvation didn’t really hold my attention this time around.

There could be some good discussions on this movie and the prior ones if people would just discuss it without name calling or implying agendas on either side.

i would say a large majority of movies and tv shows use current issues and steer things toward their beliefs. Its just the way it is unfortunately. You can see it in comics, books, and other forms that I just want to escape into but they wont allow it...