• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TERMINATOR 6 directed by Tim Miller (7/26/19)
2 2

328 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

Nobody asked, but in preparation for the new movie, here is how I rank Terminator prior to Terminator 6: Change my mind.

1. T2
  2. T1
  3. Sarah Connor Chronicles
  4. Salvation
  5. Genesys
  6. T3

I put T3 after T1.  wish they had picked a different actor for john connor though that guy just didnt cut it as a military leader I wouldnt follow him across the street.

8 minutes ago, kav said:

I put T3 after T1.  wish they had picked a different actor for john connor though that guy just didnt cut it as a military leader I wouldnt follow him across the street.

Agree, the T3 actor "looked" the part, but didn't have the character down.

So the only change to my list is T3 after T1? I'm curious as to where others rank Chronicles on that list, I don't see the show getting a whole lot of love, but I dig it.

Edited by Jimbo749
typo

1 minute ago, Jimbo749 said:

Agree, the T3 actor "looked" the part, but didn't have the character down.

So the only change to my list is T3 after T1? I'm curious as to where others rank Chronicles on that list, I don't see the show getting a whole lot of love, but I dig it.

I watched it for a while then lost interest.  When the terminator wanted to be a ballet dancer thats when I knew the writers didnt understand what a terminator was.  

I also didnt like the first episode-"ok john I know terminators are after us and the world is probably going to end but you still have to go to school" 
WTF

Just now, kav said:

I also didnt like the first episode-"ok john I know terminators are after us and the world is probably going to end but you still have to go to school" 
WTF

Ok ok, I admit there were some goofy scenes. I think the main reason I got into was that it explored more of the man-machine evolution, went from an AI that can play chess to a robot that is tethered to a server (John Henry) to a full blown Terminator. I also enjoyed scenes from the FBI agent perspective, you gradually see him piece the story together and become a believer.

8 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

Ok ok, I admit there were some goofy scenes. I think the main reason I got into was that it explored more of the man-machine evolution, went from an AI that can play chess to a robot that is tethered to a server (John Henry) to a full blown Terminator. I also enjoyed scenes from the FBI agent perspective, you gradually see him piece the story together and become a believer.

yes we have to take the pieces we like that create the world we are fascinated with for sure and try to ignore the:

"Oh and John-when you go to school be sure to use your real name!!  Have a nice day!"

1 hour ago, Jimbo749 said:

Nobody asked, but in preparation for the new movie, here is how I rank Terminator prior to Terminator 6: Change my mind.

1. T2
  2. T1
  3. Sarah Connor Chronicles
  4. Salvation
  5. Genesys
  6. T3

T1 blows away T2 for me.  Not saying T2 wasn’t amazing when I first saw it in the theater but the feeling after seeing the original still lingers today while T2 has some cheese stuck to it.

15 minutes ago, Grails said:

T1 blows away T2 for me.  Not saying T2 wasn’t amazing when I first saw it in the theater but the feeling after seeing the original still lingers today while T2 has some cheese stuck to it.

While I wouldn't say "blows away", I would also rank T1 over T2.  While T2's visuals were obviously superior, I favor T1's overall story and presentation.  So my abbreviated list:

1. T1
  2. T2
  3. T3
  4. Salvation

712.  Sarah Connor Chronicles ("I call shotgun."  'I call 9mm.'  FAIL.)
     713.  Spider-Man 3

Haven't seen/no opinion -- Genesys

50 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

While I wouldn't say "blows away", I would also rank T1 over T2.  While T2's visuals were obviously superior, I favor T1's overall story and presentation.  So my abbreviated list:

1. T1
  2. T2
  3. T3
  4. Salvation

712.  Sarah Connor Chronicles ("I call shotgun."  'I call 9mm.'  FAIL.)
     713.  Spider-Man 3

Haven't seen/no opinion -- Genesys

While Genesys is at the bottom of my list, I would still recommend it. If you favor T1 above the rest, then I think you will enjoy at least the first half of Genesys. They basically remade huge parts of T1, even down to the wardrobe (stolen pants and velcro nikes).

1 minute ago, Jimbo749 said:

That was fast!  I won't give you any spoilers. Enjoy! 

i love it so far but the other salvation books are written by different authers?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

Tim Zahn (i think)  wrote Trial by Fire which is based on salvation. He also wrote several star wars novels. 

not as good as greg cox I bet

6 hours ago, Jimbo749 said:

Tim Zahn (i think)  wrote Trial by Fire which is based on salvation. He also wrote several star wars novels. 

lol page 92 Doc talks about the vault he installed for some guy's comic book collection!

Ps do you know how skynet managed to build terminators, then send some over to russia (for some reason) where there just so happened to be an intact factory, all in a matter of 3 weeks???

Edited by kav

17 hours ago, kav said:

lol page 92 Doc talks about the vault he installed for some guy's comic book collection!

Ps do you know how skynet managed to build terminators, then send some over to russia (for some reason) where there just so happened to be an intact factory, all in a matter of 3 weeks???

To be honest, it has been quite a while since I read it and I dont really remember. Skynet has automation down better than anyone though,  they have terminators working to make more terminators. 

42 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

To be honest, it has been quite a while since I read it and I dont really remember. Skynet has automation down better than anyone though,  they have terminators working to make more terminators. 

I'm loving this book.  Infiltrator, however, will blow your mind.  

On 6/14/2018 at 12:49 PM, Grails said:

T1 is a distant first for me.

T2 feels about 40 minutes too long.

My order:

T1, T2, T3, Salvation, (didn't see Genesys because it looked plain awful)