• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TERMINATOR 6 directed by Tim Miller (7/26/19)
2 2

328 posts in this topic

Just now, TwoPiece said:

Were any of the last couple Terminators any good? I have seen any since T3.

I actually like Terminator: Salvation. Christian Bale brings his continued intensity, and Sam Worthington has been a favorite of mine since "Clash of the Titans'. So I liked him in this role as a cyborg.

OOPS. Did I spoil that for you? :blush:

Just now, Bosco685 said:

I actually like Terminator: Salvation. Christian Bale brings his continued intensity, and Sam Worthington has been a favorite of mine since "Clash of the Titans'. So I liked him in this role as a cyborg.

OOPS. Did I spoil that for you? :blush:

Actually, I saw some (maybe all?) of Salvation. I liked it from what I can remember.

11 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Actually, I saw some (maybe all?) of Salvation. I liked it from what I can remember.

Moon Bloodgood was so good in this role as Blair.

Just now, TwoPiece said:

I heard the last one was awful.

That scene between Bale and Worthington was so great.

Just now, TwoPiece said:

I was okay with much of it. Especially the T-800 being modified to convey more emotions in protecting Sarah Conner. But I get where some of it was too easy to figure out.

The T-800 vs. Arnold was a fun callback to the first film.

30 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Pretty sure I saw the whole thing on TV back in the day.

Salvation was passable mostly because of Worthington, I found Bale to be dour and shouting all the time. The story itself was ok but all a bit bland.

I'm in the minority with Genysis because I liked Emelia Clarke in the role and it was very entertaining because of the nostalgia effect. Sure it's not great but I enjoyed it more than Rise of the Machines which I hated.

1 minute ago, bane said:

Salvation was passable mostly because of Worthington, I found Bale to be dour and shouting all the time. The story itself was ok but all a bit bland.

I'm in the minority with Genysis because I liked Emelia Clarke in the role and it was very entertaining because of the nostalgia effect. Sure it's not great but I enjoyed it more than Rise of the Machines which I hated.

I mean if he was doing it on-set off-camera, then... lol

I didn't particularly like the trailer. First, it's not a teaser trailer; it is way too long and shows to much to be just a teaser. It also looks like mostly unfinished CGI. [Don't get me wrong, I am very excited for the movie]

Here's what I would have done for a teaser:

[screen is black - in comes the music - duh-duh duh duh-duh ... duh-duh duh duh-duh ... duh-duh duh duh-duh ... duh-duh duh duh-[loud gunshot]]

"Who are you?"

[screen fades from black to show Sarah Connor on the road holding a large gun with smoke coming off it]

"I'm Sarah Connor"

[Fade to black with title card Terminator 3 - Dark Fate]

That's all you need to establish that this is the original series coming back. Linda Hamilton is the draw. Everything else was part of the prior sequels that the public didn't care about.

Edited by Red84

I get the impression that part of the story will be that John Conner bought it sometime prior to Dark Fate, and the young lady that they're all trying to protect is the new mother of the future.

That would certainly have the effect of eliminating at least Rise and Salvation from the timeline they're trying to re-establish (not sure how Genisys would fit in, I never saw it).

17 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I get the impression that part of the story will be that John Conner bought it sometime prior to Dark Fate, and the young lady that they're all trying to protect is the new mother of the future.

That would certainly have the effect of eliminating at least Rise and Salvation from the timeline they're trying to re-establish (not sure how Genisys would fit in, I never saw it).

With Genisys, John Conner becomes a more advanced Terminator. It was an interesting twist on the traditional story. But I think they made it such a more complex story, this was probably difficult for people to wrap their heads around this.

Again, I really didn't have a problem with the story. And the way they changed Arnold to be the super-protector of Sarah Conner was pretty cool.

And Sarah Conner now serving as the savior was another cool twist on the original story.