• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heavy Metal Magazine
1 1

81 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2018 at 9:06 PM, ninanina said:

I was always wondering if there would be more interest in these if they were still listed in Overstreet.  Whatcha' guys think?

How long has it been since the stopped listing them? Do they list any magazines in Overstreet⁉️

On 1/19/2018 at 5:39 AM, wombat said:

I'm not surprised. They had a massive sale that was pretty much 80% off everything. Said they were closing down their warehouse. 

They were moving to a new warehouse. That's when I got my issues. They were basically giving away a majority of items on their site. And the issues were all high grade like new copies. There were some where the condition was noted as lower on their site though. But overall I was surprised as I was getting many older issues just for the covers. I never read Heavy Metal before. I only vaguely knew about it.

On 1/20/2018 at 9:41 AM, FoggyNelson said:

Saw the heavy metal movie‼️‼️

I just saw it too. Very out there movie. I don't know what I would think of it if I saw it in the 80s. It is a dark cartoon for kids. Not really something I would have any business watching at my age back then. I thought there would be more to the Taarna character. But I'm a big fan of Panzer Dragoon so overall I liked it. I'm thinking about the Sideshow statue of her but they want way too much. They don't have Heavy Metal 2000 on TV but I want to see that too.

Edited by GeneticNinja

10 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

I just saw it too. Very out there movie. I don't know what I would think of it if I saw it in the 80s. It is a dark cartoon for kids. Not really something I would have any business watching at my age back then. I thought there would be more to the Taarna character. But I'm a big fan of Panzer Dragoon so overall I liked it. I'm thinking about the Sideshow statue of her but they want way too much. They don't have Heavy Metal 2000 on TV but I want to see that too.

The movie was definitely made for adults and back when it came out, Corben's Den and Wrightson's Capt. Sternn were popular characters. I still like the zombie airplane scene the best! (thumbsu

On 2/2/2018 at 7:31 AM, Jayman said:

The movie was definitely made for adults and back when it came out, Corben's Den and Wrightson's Capt. Sternn were popular characters. I still like the zombie airplane scene the best! (thumbsu

Perhaps that's why I never saw it. I kind of remember seeing Heavy Metal magazines in comic shops. But never picking up an issue. Maybe it was behind the check out counter? I know I remember the odd covers and some girl covers. Strange that I would only get into it after all these years. I remember putting pieces together when hearing that the original French magazine influenced Alien and other sci-fi movies. But maybe it's not that strange as many more adult comics I didn't read till later on like Watchmen.

On 5/8/2018 at 8:57 PM, wombat said:

Big sale at heavy metal. You can get this bad boy for $2.69. 

Issue #288 - Cover A - Frazetta

Thanks for the heads up. Sale is still going on now, just ordered a stack of 10 books, most were only $2.40 with a few at $2.69, screaming deal!

On 5/10/2018 at 5:14 PM, GeneticNinja said:

Too bad they can't get Sideshow Toys' Taarna statue and put it on sale. $525 is too much but I want to find a way to get it.

It’s not out till the end of the year. Go through sideshows payment plan. Under $100.00 a month that way.

Their stuff is never cheap but everyone I ever got from them was worth it.

Edited by N e r V

On 5/26/2018 at 12:52 PM, Artboy99 said:

my favorite Heavy Metal is this Frazetta cover:

Frazetta Heavy Metal.jpg

I have one of those myself. I probably should have picked up more when they had their sale.

On 5/26/2018 at 1:40 PM, N e r V said:

It’s not out till the end of the year. Go through sideshows payment plan. Under $100.00 a month that way.

Their stuff is never cheap but everyone I ever got from them was worth it.

I always wish that they would change their policies and allow combining of rewards points and those bonus cards they send out from time to time. I'm going to try and watch the Statue Forum closely this year for their bonus points but I'm no where near a free statue yet. Also it's just that Taarna doesn't seem equal to their other equally priced statues.

On 5/27/2018 at 8:56 PM, wombat said:

Was in Barnes and Nobles last night and picked this up. Had a few adds for the Frazetta Museum. If anyone ever has the chance I highly recommend going. 

IMG_1949 (2).jpg

I recall that cover from my days of buying Dragon Magazine.

latest?cb=20180102150028

Edited by RedRaven

7 hours ago, RedRaven said:

I recall that cover from my days of buying Dragon Magazine.

latest?cb=20180102150028

Good memory!! I forgot about Dragon magazine. I used to love those.