• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROMITA ORIGINAL COMIC ART -- FOX NETWORK NEWS @ 11PM

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Heard there's a really cool 8 minute segment tonite at 11 on FOX NETWORK NEWS about the collection of original comic of Mike Burkey. Figured the list might wanna check it out as it seems some really cool art will be shown. Best, DR

there was also a quick piece about how Romita isnt getting a dime from Soidey's success. What was typical of the news when covering comic books, and, disappointing about the segment, was that they promoed it as "The guy you never heard of who created Spider-Man and who is shut out of the profits!" I really thought they somehow contacted Ditko and he agreed to go public about it. But then come a friendly Romita Sr aw shucksing it off as "can you believe it? I got nothing!"

Aman,

I agree. It was defintely a "puff piece". Mike Burkey got to show off his art which is pretty cool. I think he showed the original art to a Kane piece (?) t he one with Morbeus (I think ASM 108?). Mike has alotta entire stuff...and I wish they'd have shown more of it. Although it seems everybody is into the covers. I think Mike sold that ASM cover too for something like 50K plus. All in all ..a fun watch !