• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm opening up a brick and mortar this year and want some advice!!
7 7

725 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2017 at 11:30 PM, Genesis Comics said:

but Genesiscomics.com was no longer 2.99 for the domain, someone had bought it (a few days after I searched it on the Godaddy site ironically meh and now it was for sale for over $1000...

Great updates as always.  I'm really enjoying reading this thread. (thumbsu

Also, it does look like genesiscomics.com was registered waaaaay back in 2012, so maybe you saw something different when you searched GoDaddy.

That pole is in the back room where you are putting the gamers, right? why not hang a Festivus sign on it and say this is the place where we air our grievances? "I got a lot of problems with you people!"

Until we see pics of the pole and what it is above the ceiling, it will be hard to give you some solid advice. If you can remove it, that would be ideal. If it has to stay there, you can buy clamps that will allow you to use the pole for displaying items.

catch phrase ideas:

Genesis - in Adam Warlock We Trust.

Genesis - the other Adam and Eve

Genesis - now with 99% less Phil Collins

Spark your creativity at Genesis Comics

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

That pole is in the back room where you are putting the gamers, right? why not hang a Festivus sign on it and say this is the place where we air our grievances? "I got a lot of problems with you people!"

Until we see pics of the pole and what it is above the ceiling, it will be hard to give you some solid advice. If you can remove it, that would be ideal. If it has to stay there, you can buy clamps that will allow you to use the pole for displaying items.

catch phrase ideas:

Genesis - in Adam Warlock We Trust.

Genesis - the other Adam and Eve

Genesis - now with 99% less Phil Collins

Spark your creativity at Genesis Comics

The "Festivus" pole idea is pretty funny!

2 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I'd go with Genesis, rather than Genesis Comics.  Personal preference.

If he simply went with Genesis.....how would anyone know that it is a comic and gaming store???  You have to help yourself....make it easy for potential customers to locate and find you....both physically and on the Internet.

1 hour ago, Mapleleafvann said:

If he simply went with Genesis.....how would anyone know that it is a comic and gaming store???  You have to help yourself....make it easy for potential customers to locate and find you....both physically and on the Internet.

agreed and just to be safe, get a light grail light on the roof to attract wandering knights seeking peril

Genesis - it's like the Torah for comics and gaming!

5 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Genesis-- you always remember your first book

Nice