• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm opening up a brick and mortar this year and want some advice!!
7 7

725 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:29 PM, Genesis Comics said:

Just a quick update, as I did not do one on Wed as planned. 

Anyone heard from Genesis lately?

I always enjoyed this thread and was wondering how things were going with his store.

I visited the store last Spring? I believe... 

I happened to find myself on that end of the island so I figured I would just give a look around. 

If I remember correctly, there was a decent selection of items in the store.

The store was clean.  It was VERY clean.  That stood out to me.

Prices were fair for a comic store.

The only thing that struck me was that the place could have been more filled up at the time. The owner was talking with someone about a large GI Joe collection that he had come into a month before that.  It would have been nice to see such a thing represented in the store. As someone that only buys ASM each month, and I already have my LCS for that, I wasn't doing much more than scouting the store.  I probably would have picked up some type of plastic crack had there been something notable. 

Why didn't I say anything you may ask?  I am not out on that end of Long Island often.  As it is almost a year later, I still have not been out there since in a capacity where I could stop off again any time soon.  It might sound snobbish but I don't make special trips for comic stores.  Did day trips to Montauk, however I say this because Claws in West Sayville makes one of the best Lobster Rolls I've had in a very long time.  It's right up there with Jordan's of Long Beach.  Those are worth the trip. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I visited the store last Spring? I believe... 

I happened to find myself on that end of the island so I figured I would just give a look around. 

If I remember correctly, there was a decent selection of items in the store.

The store was clean.  It was VERY clean.  That stood out to me.

Prices were fair for a comic store.

The only thing that struck me was that the place could have been more filled up at the time. The owner was talking with someone about a large GI Joe collection that he had come into a month before that.  It would have been nice to see such a thing represented in the store. As someone that only buys ASM each month, and I already have my LCS for that, I wasn't doing much more than scouting the store.  I probably would have picked up some type of plastic crack had there been something notable. 

Why didn't I say anything you may ask?  I am not out on that end of Long Island often.  As it is almost a year later, I still have not been out there since in a capacity where I could stop off again any time soon.  It might sound snobbish but I don't make special trips for comic stores.  Did day trips to Montauk, however I say this because Claws in West Sayville makes one of the best Lobster Rolls I've had in a very long time.  It's right up there with Jordan's of Long Beach.  Those are worth the trip. 

You had me at lobster roll  :luhv: