• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Birthday Tribute (Jan 24) - John Romita Sr.

18 posts in this topic

Happy birthday to one of the titans of the marvel age. how many iconic images did John Romita Sr have a hand in. some of my all-time favorites Spider-Man corner box marvel team up 4 ?, Incredible Hulk Marvel team up 18 corner box, Iron Man from Iron Man 60 cover,

Edited by trimpehulk

Nice Topic, only Romita I own might as well share. Captain America 140 page 3. Cap and Grey Gargoyle going to war. I dont know where the other pages for this book are ive only seen 2, figure john has em or someone hording.

uOyOg5ox_0911161805521gpadd.jpg

This thread is making me so jealous! I've got a space on my wall all reserved for a Romita piece of published art... and I've not been able to find anyone willing to part with one! At least not for anything approaching a reasonable price.

But I'll keep looking & waiting!!!

In the meantime, keep sharing!!!!

Face it, Tiger: Happy (belated) Birthday! Wishing you many more jackpots!

What an amazing career. All of his definitive Spider-Man work, all the great covers and iconic images across the entire Marvel line. Working-out the designs for Wolverine, the Punisher, Mary Jane, Luke Cage, Tigra, Bullseye and the Kingpin. And not to be forgotten, all the artwork he did for licensing and merchandising that formed a gateway to bring in new readers.

Edit: Yeah, I have fmaz's problem too. We'll keep looking!

Edited by The Shoveler