• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else having problems getting onto Comic Connect?

12 posts in this topic

I was bidding on some books in tonight's auction and I suddenly got the following error:

Now I can't get back onto the site.

Error 1006 Ray ID: 3267c41560b6472e • 2017-01-25 00:56:32 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (www.comicconnect.com) has banned your IP address (74.105.7.179).

CloudFlare Ray ID: 3267c41560b6472e • Your IP: 74.105.7.179 • Performance & security by CloudFlare

Anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

I was bidding on some books in tonight's auction and I suddenly got the following error:

Now I can't get back onto the site.

Error 1006 Ray ID: 3267c41560b6472e • 2017-01-25 00:56:32 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (www.comicconnect.com) has banned your IP address (74.105.7.179).

CloudFlare Ray ID: 3267c41560b6472e • Your IP: 74.105.7.179 • Performance & security by CloudFlare

Anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

I am by no means an expert but ran into something similar years ago on another site. There could be a lot of things going on here, some of them bad -

- the site could have banned your IP. This is extremely unlikely

- it looks like you are going through Verizon but are you using a VPN client? That could possibly cause issues. Conversely it could solve your issue temporarily by masking your IP .

- more likely than anything else is there was too many requests coming from your IP. I am not familiar with Cloudflare but I do know there are settings for websites where they can ban an IP based on a certain number of requests within a specified time frame. This is to protect a site from DOS attacks etc.

- that means your IP could have exceeded the set threshold and a ban is implemented automatically. Most bans are temporary unless there was some type of history of excessive requests

- Comic Connect could have a threshold too low or your system or systems using that IP could be infected with some type of virus that is used for DOS. That last part is the really bad part. You may want to do a deep scan for a virus.

Try again , if it was temporary ban then you should be able to get on. I would still do a thorough , up to date virus scan.