• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

41 posts in this topic

Clone Wars was an excellent show, it really picked up around season 3.  Loved so many episodes then we got Rebels....a terrible show in comparison.  

Looking forward to Clone Wars again for sure. 

On 8/24/2019 at 7:34 AM, Gruson said:

Clone Wars was an excellent show, it really picked up around season 3.  Loved so many episodes then we got Rebels....a terrible show in comparison.  

Looking forward to Clone Wars again for sure. 

I agree Rebels isn't as good. But trust me if you like Clone Wars there are MUST see episodes of Rebels that finish left over storylines from Clone Wars. 

5 minutes ago, Rip said:

I agree Rebels isn't as good. But trust me if you like Clone Wars there are MUST see episodes of Rebels that finish left over storylines from Clone Wars. 

Seen any articles or posts anywhere that pulls together a viewing order?

26 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Seen any articles or posts anywhere that pulls together a viewing order?

The final Episode of Season 1 brings in Vader (voiced by James Earl Jones).  He also has some great fight scenes throughout season 2.

Season 2 also has Lando voiced by Billy Dee. Rex also comes back in season 2.

Ahsoka's storyline in season 2 has numerous great scenes including a fantastic battle in a Sith Temple vs Vader.

Saw Gerrera voiced by Forest Whitaker has a great tie in episode which show them going back to Geonosis. There's also a great droid army episode from season 3.

But I think my favorite are the Darth Maul episodes. The "Twin Suns" episode (Season 3) Maul vs Obi Wan. Watch after the battle when Obi Wan looks upon young Luke in the distance. Then tell me that music don't choke you up a bit.

Edited by Rip

43 minutes ago, Rip said:

The final Episode of Season 1 brings in Vader (voiced by James Earl Jones).  He also has some great fight scenes throughout season 2.

Season 2 also has Lando voiced by Billy Dee. Rex also comes back in season 2.

Ahsoka's storyline in season 2 has numerous great scenes including a fantastic battle in a Sith Temple vs Vader.

Saw Gerrera voiced by Forest Whitaker has a great tie in episode which show them going back to Geonosis. There's also a great droid army episode from season 3.

But I think my favorite are the Darth Maul episodes. The "Twin Suns" episode (Season 3) Maul vs Obi Wan. Watch after the battle when Obi Wan looks upon young Luke in the distance. Then tell me that music don't choke you up a bit.

:foryou:

Thank you.

This newest arc is pretty good. The Ahsoka story of her with the smugglers was sa-HOO-per lame but when she got her lightsabers to eff stuff up it picked up a lot. Darth Maul is appropriately insane/insightful as well. My daughters like it too because it has a badass female lead.

A tearful ending to some of the greatest Star Wars content ever made. The production value/quality of animation are off the charts for these last 4 episodes. 

Take note of the opening sequence with the old Lucasfilm style opening.

Edited by Rip

Just now, Rip said:

A tearful ending to some of the greatest Star Wars content ever made. The production value/quality of animation are off the charts for these last 4 episodes. 

Stick with it by watching Rebels. The first season is so-so... by the final episode of season one they offer a glimpse as to what it will be.  Season two is an improvement and Season 3 and Season 4 did it better than Clone Wars in my opinion.  If you liked the last Ahsoka story arc then you will love Rebels Season 4.  You just have to get to know the characters first. 

In a way, some of the things that Rian Johnson and JJ are criticized for in regards to how they used force powers get their roots in Clone Wars and Rebels which as we know was heralded by Filoni.

Filoni should be in charge of the whole shabang if you ask me. 

I agree with most of this. Everyone who watched this SHOULD watch Rebels!

Although for me, I still liked Clone Wars better. Loved the Maul arc in Rebels. Loved the World between Worlds.

19 minutes ago, Rip said:

I agree with most of this. Everyone who watched this SHOULD watch Rebels!

Although for me, I still liked Clone Wars better. Loved the Maul arc in Rebels. Loved the World between Worlds.

Yes, the World between Worlds and the explanations as to how it all works was just stunning to behold.

I could rave about it but there are so many things that I would spoil by bringing them up.  When I watched Rebels in its entirety it seemed like Filoni was told by the execs to do something kid friendly in the Star Wars universe and he happily obliged until the executives stopped paying attention and then made Rebels a flash forward of Clone Wars to tie up all of his loose ends... by the time Disney realized what he had done it was too late and he had everyone behind him.

I really want to see what happened to the character that went missing and the two that went looking after the last episode. I would love a season 5 and after the Clone Wars revival I am holding onto hope. 

I’ve gotta five Rebels another shot, I was so turned off in season 1 with the mandalorian girl with the spray painted helmet and the inquisitor guy ( vague , apologies ) - my son and I absolutely LOVED the clone wars and jumped right back into the continuation earlier this year ( I actually had to go back and watch the season prior to this which came out UN syndicated ) the first couple episodes when a beloved character is referenced has you jump right in