• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane 2017 CGC Signature Series Requirements

89 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2017 at 8:35 PM, Vengeance said:

Here's the whole story:

Went to Comic Con Palm Springs in Aug 2016, to get Stan Lee's signature and to get the signature series label.  Saw that Todd McFarlane was showing up to the con on the last day, so I decided to bring my Amazing Spider-Man #300 for both of them to sign.  Both Stan Lee AND Todd McFarlane signed my comic on the same day.  AC told me that Todd was having a private signing at his Phoenix store in November, and that they could not send anything in to CGC until then, and that they would hold onto my comic until the private signing, then they would submit my comic to CGC.

Thanks for clearing that up for the newbs arguing with me. 

18 hours ago, Pirate said:

Thanks for clearing that up for the newbs arguing with me. 

Not trying to "argue" with you ... but I'm going to assume that someone was "working the system" (even though everyone knows that AC and the likes hold books in ways that they probably shouldn't).  So long as it's witnessed and the book doesn't leave the facilitators possession, they there are those artists that require some extra "hoop jumping" to get that coveted Yellow Label.  And now hopefully this thread makes ti even more clear for others.

8 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

Not trying to "argue" with you ... but I'm going to assume that someone was "working the system" (even though everyone knows that AC and the likes hold books in ways that they probably shouldn't).  So long as it's witnessed and the book doesn't leave the facilitators possession, they there are those artists that require some extra "hoop jumping" to get that coveted Yellow Label.  And now hopefully this thread makes ti even more clear for others.

So because "everyone" does it, then it's fine and we should be hush hush.  Someone ask McFarlane if he's cool with one of his facilitators blatantly disregarding his requests.  Someone ask the SS director if that's cool.  Let's ask the facilitators who DON'T break the rules if they are cool with the likes doing what they do.  Seriously who are you?

32 minutes ago, Pirate said:

So because "everyone" does it, then it's fine and we should be hush hush.  

Not what I'm saying at all... youre such a "veteran" you should know his has been going on for years and years and years.  Don't act all indignant now like no one knows how these things work occasionally. A staggering majority are done 100% properly and to claim otherwise is irresponsible.  At this point you're just being a troll so I'm done with this convo. 

9 minutes ago, RadiantGraphix said:

Not what I'm saying at all... youre such a "veteran" you should know his has been going on for years and years and years.  Don't act all indignant now like no one knows how these things work occasionally. A staggering majority are done 100% properly and to claim otherwise is irresponsible.  At this point you're just being a troll so I'm done with this convo. 

Pirate is right.

You can't get a book signed on a certain date and claim it was signed on a different date to CGC.
How do you not see that? That isn't "working the system" its trying to trick and fool CGC.

16 minutes ago, RadiantGraphix said:

You're wrong, have been proven wrong, tried to call me out and defend AC and was proven wrong by a noob.  Stuff is held all the time with permission, Books have been forgotten and submitted late, yep got it. I was a SS witness for quite a while, i know how it works.  

McFarlane has a specific set of rules when it comes to CGC and his appearances.  There is no room to finagle when it comes to McFarlane.  If I was CGC, I would not hesitate to remove AC as McFarlane is a big get for them.  How does this affect the other facilitator of McFarlane (NYCOMICS) business?  That is my only point. 

I'm sure AC has worked the system for a while, took a noob to potentially bring the whole thing down.

Never said Pirate was wrong. Never defended AC doing what he did here. Just saying that in my experience it happens with a LARGE amount of facilitators/witnesses on only a handful of books through the entire year.  And for you all to act shocked and upset after it's been going on for YEARS is a bit ridiculous. CGC knows it happens. I remember Mike telling me a story about getting books with Sig Auth stickers inside and dates changed with sharpies from people claiming it was "just done" or "just witnessed" ... malarkey.  

You obviously can't read and insist on painting me as some know-nothing "noob" ... I'm done. Good luck and good day. 

13 minutes ago, RadiantGraphix said:

Never said Pirate was wrong. Never defended AC doing what he did here. Just saying that in my experience it happens with a LARGE amount of facilitators/witnesses on only a handful of books through the entire year.  And for you all to act shocked and upset after it's been going on for YEARS is a bit ridiculous. CGC knows it happens. I remember Mike telling me a story about getting books with Sig Auth stickers inside and dates changed with sharpies from people claiming it was "just done" or "just witnessed" ... malarkey.  

You obviously can't read and insist on painting me as some know-nothing "noob" ... I'm done. Good luck and good day. 

Did you ask him if CGC ended up grading the books?

I'm unsure of the issue here. Is it because the date is incorrect for the signature?  I consistently have the wrong dates on items Ive gotten graded....especially sketched books.  Does anyone know that AC didn't talk to McFarlane about holding the book since they are one of his facilitators?  Sometimes you make judgement calls for customer service. This guy doesn't seem like a reseller and probably didn't know about Todd's CGC rules.  He doesn't advertise them at cons and many people don't tie themselves to CGC forums.  Sometimes you bend a rule to take care of your (CGC, McFarlane, and AC) customer. Similar to when retailers do returns on items even when the items are past the return date.  Certain situations have circumstances tied to them that validates a bend of the rule.  I think going on a witch hunt, crucifying a facilitator and pretending to be CGC without knowing what actually took place from all sides is a little harsh.  As stated by someone before, this is done more than most probably want to admit.  

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, NYComics said:

I just want to clearly state that Nycomics was not involved. Also we have no comment on our fellow facilitators.

Yes, NYComics was NOT involved in this fiasco, it was Anastasia's Collectibles.  In your first original posting in this topic, you had yourself and AC as the facilitators of Todd McFarlane, but later, edited your post to delete AC.  Do you know why McFarlane dropped them? 

I've been trying to get ahold of Derek Tan of AC for the past few weeks, but he has not returned any of my messages or emails.  Someone that read my posting in this topic, pointed one of the CGC moderators to me, and he looked to see if my ASM #300 was at CGC, he said it wasn't, and would try to help me in contacting AC.  Even though NYComics was not involved with this fiasco, this makes facilitators look bad.  Is there anything that NYComics can do (since you're a Todd McFarlane facilitator as well), to help me track down Derek Tan of AC?  Any and all help is appreciated.

On 3/23/2017 at 0:13 AM, Vengeance said:

Yes, NYComics was NOT involved in this fiasco, it was Anastasia's Collectibles.  In your first original posting in this topic, you had yourself and AC as the facilitators of Todd McFarlane, but later, edited your post to delete AC.  Do you know why McFarlane dropped them? 

I've been trying to get ahold of Derek Tan of AC for the past few weeks, but he has not returned any of my messages or emails.  Someone that read my posting in this topic, pointed one of the CGC moderators to me, and he looked to see if my ASM #300 was at CGC, he said it wasn't, and would try to help me in contacting AC.  Even though NYComics was not involved with this fiasco, this makes facilitators look bad.  Is there anything that NYComics can do (since you're a Todd McFarlane facilitator as well), to help me track down Derek Tan of AC?  Any and all help is appreciated.

If I were you, I would call CGC and ask to speak with Sam Peterson, the head of CGC SS.

On 3/18/2017 at 4:56 PM, Califelix said:

I'm unsure of the issue here. Is it because the date is incorrect for the signature?  I consistently have the wrong dates on items Ive gotten graded....especially sketched books.  Does anyone know that AC didn't talk to McFarlane about holding the book since they are one of his facilitators?  Sometimes you make judgement calls for customer service. This guy doesn't seem like a reseller and probably didn't know about Todd's CGC rules.  He doesn't advertise them at cons and many people don't tie themselves to CGC forums.  Sometimes you bend a rule to take care of your (CGC, McFarlane, and AC) customer. Similar to when retailers do returns on items even when the items are past the return date.  Certain situations have circumstances tied to them that validates a bend of the rule.  I think going on a witch hunt, crucifying a facilitator and pretending to be CGC without knowing what actually took place from all sides is a little harsh.  As stated by someone before, this is done more than most probably want to admit.  

One last time for the slow.  There was a McFarlane book signed at a non sanctioned signing, the book was held until a sanctioned McFarlane CGC signing and turned in then.  That is against CGC rules and against the agreement with McFarlane.  I know a sig is a sig if it was witnessed and it happens all the time.  What doesn't happen all the time is that someone gets busted due to dumb noob.  It's unethical and goes against the creators wishes.  That can spell big trouble for CGC and possibly hurt McFarlane's relationship with NYComics who do stuff by the rules..  I know I know a sig is a sig right?

On 3/23/2017 at 1:13 AM, Vengeance said:

Hi--The post was edited because I chose to only represent my facilitation services. I believe that Sam P. is aware of the posts in this thread and trying to work his magic. ;) Best of luck and we are here if you need help in the future.

10 hours ago, Pirate said:

One last time for the slow.  There was a McFarlane book signed at a non sanctioned signing, the book was held until a sanctioned McFarlane CGC signing and turned in then.  That is against CGC rules and against the agreement with McFarlane.  I know a sig is a sig if it was witnessed and it happens all the time.  What doesn't happen all the time is that someone gets busted due to dumb noob.  It's unethical and goes against the creators wishes.  That can spell big trouble for CGC and possibly hurt McFarlane's relationship with NYComics who do stuff by the rules..  I know I know a sig is a sig right?

Cute....another keyboard crusader. I'll use smaller words for you. Do you know, for a fact, that this wasn't approved by McFarlane or by CGC?  As no one has heard from the other side, you don't just assume they're guilty because you want to catch someone so badly doing wrong.   

7 hours ago, NYComics said:

Hi--The post was edited because I chose to only represent my facilitation services. I believe that Sam P. is aware of the posts in this thread and trying to work his magic. ;) Best of luck and we are here if you need help in the future.

AC contacted me Thursday night, and told me that my ASM #300 would be graded with the signature series label, and would be in my hands in 2 weeks. 

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I was only answering a question someone asked about facilitator, McFarlane, and grading with what I experienced. Didn't mean for your thread to go this sideways.  Thanks for everyone's help!

11 hours ago, Califelix said:

Cute....another keyboard crusader. I'll use smaller words for you. Do you know, for a fact, that this wasn't approved by McFarlane or by CGC?  As no one has heard from the other side, you don't just assume they're guilty because you want to catch someone so badly doing wrong.   

Sorry you're not able to follow, not my fault.   McFarlane doesn't allow CGC signings at any PUBLIC event.  This is why he has two signings a year for CGC. It's common knowledge.  It's easy to understand why the other side hasn't spoken.  I'm guessing that with the above post, CGC once again bent over and took it in the credibility hole and let it slide.  Hush Hush and no talking about it AC.