• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane 2017 CGC Signature Series Requirements

89 posts in this topic

Per Todd McFarlane's instructions the only time that his Autograph can be certified are at the private signings that happen twice a year.

This means that when he appears at a convention that he is there to meet the fans, sign for free and have a good time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

NYComics is extremely happy to continue working with Todd McFarlane this year. We accept mail in submissions and often setup at shows and accept walkup submissions prior to the signings. Please feel free to get in touch with us and we are happy to help you!

NYComics@gmail.com

The first signing this year is set to happen in Early June.

Thank you!

Edited by NYComics

1 hour ago, Gambit24 said:

Nope Todd only does private signings, that's where NY Comics comes in. You can meet him at any con he goes but you will not get any books signed by him at that con.

Clarification.  In general, when you meet him at a con, you can get books signed from him.  There is just typically no avenue to get CGC SS done at those meet/greet situations. 

5 hours ago, revat said:

Clarification.  In general, when you meet him at a con, you can get books signed from him.  There is just typically no avenue to get CGC SS done at those meet/greet situations. 

Sorry I should have mentioned the CGC avenue (thumbsu

Devil's Advocate... if a CGC certified witness happened to be hanging out where Todd is signing, or better yet, if a CGC witness themselves, acquired the signature, wouldn't it be qualified for the Signature Series?

Or is this one of those political issues where Todd has an exclusive with CGC not to ever certify his signature unless under his own controlled environment, so under no circumstance does certification occur without Todd's consent?

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:58 PM, Stat Monsters said:

Devil's Advocate... if a CGC certified witness happened to be hanging out where Todd is signing, or better yet, if a CGC witness themselves, acquired the signature, wouldn't it be qualified for the Signature Series?

Or is this one of those political issues where Todd has an exclusive with CGC not to ever certify his signature unless under his own controlled environment, so under no circumstance does certification occur without Todd's consent?

I went to the Palm Springs Comic Con August 2016, to get Stan Lee to sign a comic.  Before the con, I heard rumors that McFarlane was showing up for the last day.  The CGC witness for Stan Lee was Anastasia's Collectibles, and so, I brought my ASM #300 to get both Stan Lee's and McFarlane's autograph under the Signature Series label.  Anastasia told me that they would not be able to send my comic into CGC until McFarlane did a signing at his Phoenix store in November of 2016, and would hold it til then.  They told me that I should get my comic back from CGC by February 28 2017, if not, to contact Anastasia.  I have not gotten it back yet, and will be emailing Anastasia's Collectibles in the next couple of days.

So they got a McFarlane signature that at the time was not authorized, waited until an authorized signing and then sent in the non authorized book as an authorized book?  Seems fine to me, carry on.

On 2/21/2017 at 8:58 PM, Stat Monsters said:

Correct.  CGC is notified when he's having an official signing and only books submitted on those dates are allowed to be Signature Series approved.  They wont even send a witness over for a signature at a different show.  Additionally, an official CGC witness is NOT ALLOWED to witness their own books.

On 3/3/2017 at 8:01 AM, Pirate said:

So they got a McFarlane signature that at the time was not authorized, waited until an authorized signing and then sent in the non authorized book as an authorized book?  Seems fine to me, carry on.

I don't think you understood.  He got the Stan Lee sig, then handed it to AC and they held the book until the Todd signing and added the signature then, not before. (thumbsu

15 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

I don't think you understood.  He got the Stan Lee sig, then handed it to AC and they held the book until the Todd signing and added the signature then, not before. (thumbsu

Oh i understood perfectly.   I love it when newbs try to tell me what the deal is when it comes to SS and certain companies.

On 2/26/2017 at 11:42 PM, Vengeance said:

I went to the Palm Springs Comic Con August 2016, to get Stan Lee to sign a comic.  Before the con, I heard rumors that McFarlane was showing up for the last day.  The CGC witness for Stan Lee was Anastasia's Collectibles, and so, I brought my ASM #300 to get both Stan Lee's and McFarlane's autograph under the Signature Series label.  Anastasia told me that they would not be able to SEND my comic into CGC until McFarlane did a signing at his Phoenix store in November of 2016, and would HOLD it til then.  They told me that I should get my comic back from CGC by February 28 2017, if not, to contact Anastasia.  I have not gotten it back yet, and will be emailing Anastasia's Collectibles in the next couple of days.

19 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

Here's the whole story:

Went to Comic Con Palm Springs in Aug 2016, to get Stan Lee's signature and to get the signature series label.  Saw that Todd McFarlane was showing up to the con on the last day, so I decided to bring my Amazing Spider-Man #300 for both of them to sign.  Both Stan Lee AND Todd McFarlane signed my comic on the same day.  AC told me that Todd was having a private signing at his Phoenix store in November, and that they could not send anything in to CGC until then, and that they would hold onto my comic until the private signing, then they would submit my comic to CGC.