• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atomic Age DCs...Have a piece of Rhubarb...
9 9

665 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Inaflash said:

If those colors are anything close to what you posted that’s an incredible copy. Congrats. Tough issue.

Thanks. The reds are actually darker, and the pink title is slightly lighter, but everything else is accurate.  My scanner has a tough time with reds...

7 hours ago, Illustrious said:

I recently was able to cross this off my want-list after wanting one for a while (also a good companion to @Tri-ColorBrian's post before mine!):

49727533846_5a3cfd1efb_b.jpg

So...you're the one who won that book on ebay from gunnard52.  Congrats!  I figured it would go north of $500, so I didn't even bid.  I kicked myself when I saw the final price.  :facepalm:  However, I managed to pick up #23, 25, 54, and 57 from him...so I'm happy. I also won his Mystery In space 17.  :banana: And if you don't know, he found all those sci-fi comics in a storage locker he bought for $120...:whatthe: 

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

So...you're the one who won that book on ebay from gunnard52.  Congrats!  I figured it would go north of $500, so I didn't even bid.  I kicked myself when I saw the final price.  :facepalm:  However, I managed to pick up #23, 25, 54, and 57 from him...so I'm happy. I also won his Mystery In space 17.  :banana: And if you don't know, he found all those sci-fi comics in a storage locker he bought for $120...:whatthe: 

I was surprised myself at what I was able to get it for, I was prepared to go higher but not over $500. It sounds like he did pretty good for himself though to find all those books for just $120! Congrats on all the books you were able to snag. :bigsmile:

4 hours ago, Illustrious said:

I was surprised myself at what I was able to get it for, I was prepared to go higher but not over $500. It sounds like he did pretty good for himself though to find all those books for just $120! Congrats on all the books you were able to snag. :bigsmile:

He couldn't believe how well he did on those auctions.  especially on his #50 (which looked like an amazing copy).

16 minutes ago, buttock said:

Digging through the DC box.  I should be able to get enough rhubarb to make a pie. 

Mom used to make gingerbread cake with homegrown rhubarb sauce on top.  :cloud9: