• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atomic Age DCs...Have a piece of Rhubarb...
9 9

665 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, JohnT said:

Trying again...

....nope.  WTF???

The url still turns red and won't post.

If you can't find the correct url from photobucket, then it won't work.  You should just open a flickr acct. and put your comics in albums on flickr.  Flickr gives you only 1 option to share from, and it's the correct one...plus, flickr is much easier to navigate than photobucket.  I don't know why anybody messes with photobucket anymore...

Edited by tricolorbrian

7 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

If you can't find the correct url from photobucket, then it won't work.  You should just open a flickr acct. and put your comics in albums on flickr.  Flickr gives you only 1 option to share from, and it's the correct one...plus, flickr is much easier to navigate than photobucket.  I don't know why anybody messes with photobucket anymore...

Okay, that comment did it.  You were right, I had the wrong url.  I was copying the url in the navigation bar, which doesn't work (for some reason).  Instead I right-clicked on the image and used the "copy image location" option.  Sheesh.  Thanks man!  I can finally post pictures again!  Point taken on flickr though...

AAW117_zps4ec43d4d.jpg

6 hours ago, JohnT said:

Okay, that comment did it.  You were right, I had the wrong url.  I was copying the url in the navigation bar, which doesn't work (for some reason).  Instead I right-clicked on the image and used the "copy image location" option.  Sheesh.  Thanks man!  I can finally post pictures again!  Point taken on flickr though...

AAW117_zps4ec43d4d.jpg

Glad i could help...

Has anyone else ever noticed the use of blue and purple on people in the foreground on many DC Atom Age books?...any time they wanted to depict shadows they just colored the people blue or purple...like these Indians...

22399949730_f2757fd187_c.jpg

and these guys...

21422023423_7ae654094c_c.jpg

Did any other publisher do that?

I guess they actually started doing it in 1944, on this Superman...but it became really prevalent later on in the early 50s...

16552555095_18bc334891_c.jpg

Edited by tricolorbrian