• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You guys are honest sellers.

173 posts in this topic

Dude...pack it up and go away for awhile. You've blown your rep completely...which is sad as you did have to start from scratch due to the Bug accusations. Personally, I find your "I see the light now that I'm caught" revelation to be complete cr@p. You've now joined the infamous list of scammers on this board.

Jim

He had a rep? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dude...pack it up and go away for awhile. You've blown your rep completely...which is sad as you did have to start from scratch due to the Bug accusations. Personally, I find your "I see the light now that I'm caught" revelation to be complete cr@p. You've now joined the infamous list of scammers on this board.

Jim

I certainly didnt have one for selling. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well I have taken some time digesting all of this and I must say I'm as appalled as the rest of you.

Scammers are very much part of the dark side of this hobby and kiltman now deserves everything that is coming to him.

But on the other hand...I am impressed he stood up and took the blame once he was outed. I'm still unforgiving about the shilling-his-own-auctions part, but most people caught with their hand in the cookiejar would quietly disappear only to resurface using a new nick. Not a lot of 17-year olds would have the balls to face up to it.

How manly and up front is Kiltman really being? Making a post begging for forgiveness is fine, but the current track record is that he shilled multiple auctions and bid people to their max(then retracted bids). His shill was created prior to joining the board and continued well after he joined(so he had ample time to figure out that auction shilling was wrong).

My two responses are:

Walk away....if you can correct your mistakes and show a consistent record of said correction...then welcome back, but not until said continued track record is proven over time.

No begging....if you have to ask approval to post, then you've already lost. You've dug your own hole. Don't ask us to pull you out. In life you've got to pull yourself out of the messes that you create. Be a real Kilt-MAN and go beyond words. Right now the actions are speaking so loud it's hard to hear the words that you're saying.

so who is Lewis mentioned in hovisthemouse's ebay me page profile? Kiltie, are you the pokemon collector? Also didn't you think a constant shill bidder on your auctions wouldn't be a dead giveaway? foreheadslap.gif It is going to be along road back to establish your reptuation again with these borad members, should that be something you wish to do so, but if you are wondering - ebay may NARU one account as they start an investigation, but it may affect all your ebay IDs if they can be linked to the shilling ID? Be careful if any of your sales were local and they have your home location. good luck making amends.

How manly and up front is Kiltman really being? Making a post begging for forgiveness is fine, but the current track record is that he shilled multiple auctions and bid people to their max(then retracted bids). His shill was created prior to joining the board and continued well after he joined(so he had ample time to figure out that auction shilling was wrong).

That is a good point. I pointed out earlier though. It took eBay catching me for me to realise how stupid what i was doing was. I know that doesnt make things any better, but it's the truth. None of those accounts were intially made for shilling with. My hovisthemosue account was the first one which i used just for selling bits and bobs before moving onto pre-printed pictures. Then i decided to make a separate account for buying with (travisthefish), so i would have a selling and buying account. Then the rest is history, i started to get greedy and wanted the most out of peoples bids. I have stopped all my sales this morning, paid off my sellers fee's and have emailed eBay asking them to close my account. I have had enough of eBay for now. I know alot of you won't care about explanations but i just thought i would explain it to you.

so who is Lewis mentioned in hovisthemouse's ebay me page profile? Kiltie, are you the pokemon collector? Also didn't you think a constant shill bidder on your auctions wouldn't be a dead giveaway? foreheadslap.gif It is going to be along road back to establish your reptuation again with these borad members, should that be something you wish to do so, but if you are wondering - ebay may NARU one account as they start an investigation, but it may affect all your ebay IDs if they can be linked to the shilling ID? Be careful if any of your sales were local and they have your home location. good luck making amends.

Well im giving up on sellign or buying on eBay just now.

I used to be a pokemon collector and also used my hovisthemmouse account to sell pokemon cards for a short period of time in a buy it now type shop. But there was little or no interest so i gave up, i just forgot to change my me page. The two major shill bids im dealing with just now will be the Holofoil pokemon cards and the plate. Those are my worst two. Then i will look into all the other ones i can.

Cheers for the other tips.

Well im giving up on sellign or buying on eBay just now.

Well, that's fine but I don't believe we are to assume that you're doing so just out of the kindness of your heart...but fear of the reprecussions of your actions.

There is a bright spot in this. You have the opportunity to learn at an early age that your reputation(word of honor...not thug cred) is SO VERY important. If you can truely learn this lesson now, you'll come out ahead in the long run. Taking the easy road or the short cut to success(financial gain) will only create enemies and corrupt from the inside out...regardless of the magnitude of the offense($10 ebay items or white collar million dollar swindles)

It is partly to do with fear of repercussions. but it is also partly to do with feelings of guilt. After reading that post Hobgoblin made. You know the one i mean. i realised how disgusted i was with him. Then realised what i was doing was just as bad. If not worse and instantly became disgusted with myself. Hobgoblin innadvertintly (sp) helped start to realise. I still shilled after that post but that on top of eBay closing the account hit me with the reality of it all.

again thank you for advice. Believe it or not it is going in to my head to hopefully make me more a mature person aswell. smile.gif

Jim

He had the benefit of a doubt...just like any other contributing Forum members. So many great, scam-free deals are done between Forum members that I have no doubt some dealers join just to capitalize on the goodwill here. When we find out about the few scammers that show up and disappear, it puts a damper on this byproduct of our interaction and those people that gladly do scam-free business on a daily basis. It hurts all Forum members whether they have bought from these sleazeballs or not...

Jim

The road to recovery is paved with good intentions 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey nikos,

I was thinking about all the different professions of the board members while reading this thread. So many of them have bad general reputations based on the actions of a few greedy people, i.e. mechanics , lawyers, ebay sellers. We lump them all in the same baskets when making our general statements to friends and the like...but we run to them in a heartbeat when we need their help. The smart folks look at a business' reputation for honesty and fair price before giving them our business.

The same goes for ebay. If your items aren't bringing the dollar value you want...don't blame the buyers and artificially inflate the value...but look at yourself and either reevaluate your understanding of the item's actual worth(hi hobby hi.gif ) or your presentation of the item(full disclosure/big scans/fair shipping, etc)

Sorry Kilts, but Im going to have to quote you:

Im afraid it's people like you who give the hobby a bad name. Think about the people you are ripping off. We coudl go with the old sob story of a grandma using what little money she has to buy a gift for her grandson who has cancer. Not only does he think he is getting somethign special but you are rippign off someone who would appreciate that extra money a whoel lot more than you would. Just an example to think of next tiem you try to trick people.

You wrote this whilst shill bidding on your own auctions 893naughty-thumb.gif?

Yeah you guys are right. I was a shiller on eBay until recently. (Emphasis on was though) I know it was wrong and ti makes me a scumbag etc.

That's says it all as far as I'm concerned. Now [#@$%!!!] off. hi.gif