• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You guys are honest sellers.

173 posts in this topic

Sorry Kilts, but Im going to have to quote you:

Im afraid it's people like you who give the hobby a bad name. Think about the people you are ripping off. We coudl go with the old sob story of a grandma using what little money she has to buy a gift for her grandson who has cancer. Not only does he think he is getting somethign special but you are rippign off someone who would appreciate that extra money a whoel lot more than you would. Just an example to think of next tiem you try to trick people.

You wrote this whilst shill bidding on your own auctions 893naughty-thumb.gif?

I know. sorry.gif I'll admit im a hypocrite. That was the point it started sinkign in.

lynchstill.gif

I must say after reading this thread, Banner's post sums it up for me.

You're not sorry. You're sorry you got caught.

So buh bye hi.gif

lynchstill.gif

So buh bye hi.gif

Sometimes a gremlin is worth a thousand words! 27_laughing.gif

lynchstill.gif

So buh bye hi.gif

I find it somewhat disturbing that he had to "learn" that ripping people off was wrong. Shilling your own auctions is little better than outright theft in my opinion. That being said, you have to give him some credit for not doing a FDQ exit, denying the allegations, flaming back, or dissembling.

lynchstill.gif

So buh bye hi.gif

I find it somewhat disturbing that he had to "learn" that ripping people off was wrong. Shilling your own auctions is little better than outright theft in my opinion. That being said, you have to give him some credit for not doing a FDQ exit, denying the allegations, flaming back, or dissembling.

Whats FDQ? (Sorry for my noobishness)

Dude...pack it up and go away for awhile. You've blown your rep completely...which is sad as you did have to start from scratch due to the Bug accusations. Personally, I find your "I see the light now that I'm caught" revelation to be complete cr@p. You've now joined the infamous list of scammers on this board.

Jim

He had a rep? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He had the benefit of a doubt...just like any other contributing Forum members. So many great, scam-free deals are done between Forum members that I have no doubt some dealers join just to capitalize on the goodwill here. When we find out about the few scammers that show up and disappear, it puts a damper on this byproduct of our interaction and those people that gladly do scam-free business on a daily basis. It hurts all Forum members whether they have bought from these sleazeballs or not...

Jim

I agree.

This is probably why i will only ever buy from people that i either communicate with through PM or i know as an established forum member.

I would just like to add though, how many people on here would buy from someone who says this.

I thought you said you didn't know how to grade? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i don't. But i can tell a Nm comic when i see one (i'd never say any comic was mint unless it was cgc 9.9 or 10) As for the F/VF's well they have small flaws so i thought id best undergrade rather than overgrade so that the buyer is more pleased with the comic than dissapointed. the most i coudl d owas point out any flaws i noticed after studying each comic carefully. smile.gif

I say we cut him some slack this time, but only after I photoshop his girlfriend and best friend's heads onto a variety of insect and animal bodies and twist them into obscene poses. thumbsup2.gif

I say we cut him some slack this time, but only after I photoshop his girlfriend and best friend's heads onto a variety of insect and animal bodies and twist them into obscene poses. thumbsup2.gif

I always wondered what my best friends head would look like attached to a mantis 27_laughing.gif

lynchstill.gif

So buh bye hi.gif

[#@$%!!!] drama queen or forum drama queen.

lynchstill.gif

So buh bye hi.gif

[#@$%!!!] drama queen or forum drama queen.

Ahhh thank you.

I was thinking the same thing. Kilt, you should be ashamed of yourself, not just "sorry" to us for getting caught and wanting us to decide whether you stay or go. You shouldn't worry about where you stand in regard to the boards, you should worry about where you stand in life in regard to your own character, whether you ever go back to ebay or come back to these boards or not.

And you had the audacity to point the finger at someone else and preach to them about ripping people off while you were doing that very thing at the SAME time! Your hypocrisy is apalling. Shame on you!

I understand the temptation/greed aspect and the desire to get the most from your auctions (as many multi-issue lots of mine that have gone for 99 cents, and I have a pretty low shipping charge - believe me, I understand wishing you could get more). I'm sure many of us can sympathize with that desire. You, however, went steps beyond just having the desire - you became a shill and knowingly set out to defraud people of money.

I hope you understand that you now have ZERO credibility around here (at least with me, as I can only speak for myself) and have EARNED a bad name for yourself. I personally cannot see your name on any post now without thinking about you being a scammer and a shill. If I were you, I'd keep that in mind before joking around in any threads or acting like things are back to normal any time soon.

I think you're doing the right thing by contacting these people and being honest with them, and not by not selling anything else. But you have REALLY blown it around here, IMO. Trust is a very crucial thing around here. It's pretty bad when we have to protect ourselves from one of our own (or at least someone we thought was one of our own).

Just my opinion.

QP - Quality of Production

PQ - Page Quality

NDP - Non-Disassembly Pressing or Non-Disclosed Pressing

BSD - Big Swinging D*[#@$%!!!] (a big $$$ hobbyist)

FDQ - Forum Drama Queen (or F--king Drama Queen)

PLOD - Purple Label of Death (Restored Book)

GLOD - Green Label of Doom (Qualified Book)

SCS / SSS - Shaken Comic Syndrome / Shaken Slab Syndrome

LCS - Local Comic Shop

SS - Signature Series

TWAIM - The Wheels Are in Motion

TAT - Turnaround Time

GFY - Go Fist Yourself

I was thinking the same thing. Kilt, you should be ashamed of yourself, not just "sorry" to us for getting caught and wanting us to decide whether you stay or go. You shouldn't worry about where you stand in regard to the boards, you should worry about where you stand in life in regard to your own character, whether you ever go back to ebay or come back to these boards or not.

And you had the audacity to point the finger at someone else and preach to them about ripping people off while you were doing that very thing at the SAME time! Your hypocrisy is apalling. Shame on you!

I understand the temptation/greed aspect and the desire to get the most from your auctions (as many multi-issue lots of mine that have gone for 99 cents, and I have a pretty low shipping charge - believe me, I understand wishing you could get more). I'm sure many of us can sympathize with that desire. You, however, went steps beyond just having the desire - you became a shill and knowingly set out to defraud people of money.

I hope you understand that you now have ZERO credibility around here (at least with me, as I can only speak for myself) and have EARNED a bad name for yourself. I personally cannot see your name on any post now without thinking about you being a scammer and a shill. If I were you, I'd keep that in mind before joking around in any threads or acting like things are back to normal any time soon.

I think you're doing the right thing by contacting these people and being honest with them, and not by not selling anything else. But you have REALLY blown it around here, IMO. Trust is a very crucial thing around here. It's pretty bad when we have to protect ourselves from one of our own (or at least someone we thought was one of our own).

Just my opinion.

well said, and I concur.

** You are ignoring this thief. **

I've never put anyone on ignore before. yeahok.gif

I may have to follow you.

The fact you are going around posting like nothing has happened is what gets to me.

[Directed at kiltman, not you dice flowerred.gif]

(General Post)

Hey guys...remember that Supapimp guy.. He was caught red-handed and was evasive to say the least about his eBay nonsense...

Yup..we had him drawn and quartered and ripped him sumptin' fierce yet he's still around...

I propose we offer the same attitude towards KM...which is..to be watchfull of any further antics while also allowing him to still remain a member of the forum community...

Heck...we all F up...and what I've learned is "The best way out is through" which seems to be the course KM seems to be taking....

JMHO... wink.gif

** You are ignoring this thief. **

I've never put anyone on ignore before. yeahok.gif

I may have to follow you.

The fact you are going around posting like nothing has happened is what gets to me.

[Directed at kiltman, not you dice flowerred.gif]

Just beacuse i am posting in other threads does not take anything away from what i say or feel? It's not like i am dragging this into other threads? i have expressed my feelings and i stand by what i say. Im not going to humbly post in other threads asking if i am allowed to reply to peoples messages. If you do not want to read what i have to say after what has happened then do what dicex has done and put me on ignore.

(General Post)

Hey guys...remember that Supapimp guy.. He was caught red-handed and was evasive to say the least about his eBay nonsense...

Yup..we had him drawn and quartered and ripped him sumptin' fierce yet he's still around...

I propose we offer the same attitude towards KM...which is..to be watchfull of any further antics while also allowing him to still remain a member of the forum community...

Heck...we all F up...and what I've learned is "The best way out is through" which seems to be the course KM seems to be taking....

JMHO... wink.gif

I agree on this one. This neighborhood is filled with glass houses, so I say KM gets some credit for owning up right away. Some. But next time........well, there shouldn't be a next time. There are more than a couple of high profile vets on these boards that have unquestionably done worse. Everyone deserves a second chance. Even....aw, I ain't going there. foreheadslap.gif