• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another request for help, thanks in advance

11 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, a buddy of mine wanted some help with these two pieces. One says Iron Man 2099 and is by the artist Malaki Keller. Wanted to see if someone knows if this was a published piece or not. The other is by Patrick Lee. It looks like a 90's Image piece. I don't know the characters or if this one was published or not as well. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

11hb1vd.jpg

2a4v15h.jpg

x3g5eu.jpg

15dths6.jpg

jfzot3.jpg

30l2s8k.jpg

33yrvqo.jpg

Iron Man 2099 was never published by Marvel. It was part of the universe and plan, but Marvel killed 2099 before it ever came out. (The character was introduced during Secret Wars 2 though). So I doubt that page was published. Maybe a tryout page?

The Lee one is definitely Prophet and his partner Kirby along with some other Prophet characters. Pat Lee started at Rob Liefeld's Extreme Studios and worked on several books there, including Prophet. However in looking through my issues I cannot find this image published. But Rob used almost everything somewhere and that looks like a pinup rather than a cover or splash, so most likely it's a pinup in another issue or in a pinup book specifically, as Rob did a lot of those. But Pat helped pencil Prophet during the Stephen Platt period, which is why that looks so Platt-esque.