• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Comics Presents 22 Whitman
2 2

77 posts in this topic

I contacted the seller to see if it was still available, he said he had a few private offers, but decided to hold on the book. Not sure if he is telling the truth or not, I think he really did sell it to loomis.

I think the seller is loomis. hm

I contacted the seller to see if it was still available, he said he had a few private offers, but decided to hold on the book. Not sure if he is telling the truth or not, I think he really did sell it to loomis.

I think the seller is loomis. hm

That makes sense, more than likely

That eBay seller is dreaming if he/she thinks that VG copy is worth $5,000.

Take a zero off and divide by two to get a true value in that condition.

Well if you have a copy for that price, I will buy it from you now. My guess is the seller will get at least $1500 minimum for it. There is no sales data in over 3 years for this book.

I was offered a copy here on the boards a couple of months ago... I declined, because I already have one (as I mentioned above). I don't want to just "out" the seller, but if someone here is genuinely interested, I'd be happy to PM him, and see if he's willing to take offers.

Guy should at least press it before selling. Looks about the same condition as one I sold a couple years ago on eBay for 500

He added an extra zero.

I think that book is more common in this area (central Canada) I've found 3, one at a thrift store and 2 at a comic con in Saskatoon. I know 3 collectors here who have had a couple issues each as well

My last copy was stolen :(

Whoa... I originally said VG with the 1st set of c_rappy pictures.

Those new pictures show that it's truly a G/VG so I'll stick to my

original formula of drop a zero and divide by two to get the real FMV.

The guy is dreaming and it's worth about $250 to $300 in that condition.

Seller thinks he has a unicorn in his hands.

Guy should at least press it before selling. Looks about the same condition as one I sold a couple years ago on eBay for 500

He added an extra zero.

I think that book is more common in this area (central Canada) I've found 3, one at a thrift store and 2 at a comic con in Saskatoon. I know 3 collectors here who have had a couple issues each as well

I've suggested for years that many of the rarest Whitmans are more plentiful in Canada... things like DCCP 22, Black Hole 4 and the 8-12/80 (Gold Key) Whitmans are all more accessible. It would be interesting to know more about their distribution networks in detail, but all the circumstantial evidence seems to point in this direction.

He added an extra zero.

I've suggested for years that many of the rarest Whitmans are more plentiful in Canada... things like DCCP 22, Black Hole 4 and the 8-12/80 (Gold Key) Whitmans are all more accessible. It would be interesting to know more about their distribution networks in detail, but all the circumstantial evidence seems to point in this direction.

I believe, but not 100% sure, that Australia also had these distributed during the time they were distributed in Canada.

He added an extra zero.

I believe, but not 100% sure, that Australia also had these distributed during the time they were distributed in Canada.

I can see that... I've noticed that Uncle Scrooge 179, for example, seems to come from Australia fairly often. I'm less sure about the DC variants, though. Have you been watching these?

He added an extra zero.

I can see that... I've noticed that Uncle Scrooge 179, for example, seems to come from Australia fairly often. I'm less sure about the DC variants, though. Have you been watching these?

I haven't noticed the DC variants.

The ones that come to mind that are scarce like the Whitman Pre-Pack only from 08-012/1980 are the handful of June 1980 DC/Whitman variants.

DC Comics Presents #22 is one of them.

There is a Flash, Batman, Legion of Super-Heroes, Superboy, Action & Superman off the top of my head.

I don't know if these turned up in distribution in Australia as much as Canada but

I also noticed a lot of the Gold Key/Whitman variants coming out of Australia.