• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beachbum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service 2017 Update
3 3

21 posts in this topic

FB_9.9_SS_Cover_828x315-1_zpsuujblnci.png

This will serve as a service update for all current & new BeachBum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service subscribers. As we continue to expand the service, we have moved to a new direct invoicing system and would like to thank our present subscribers who have helped the transition go smoothly. (thumbsu

I've been a longtime CGC Dealer and have been running this service for almost ten years now. Not only do I pre-screen 9.8 for collectors, my 9.8 pre-screening has also been sought out by publishers, stores, artists, and other CGC facilitators & dealers here in the US and abroad.

If you are interested in becoming a CGC 9.8 subscriber for any current title please send me a PM or contact me on Facebook at: BeachBum Comics

If you are in the UK or Europe "A Place In Space", one of the largest online comic sellers in Europe, has partnered with us to provide CGC 9.8 to the region. You can continue to get your CGCs direct from me or if you like from them, since we provide shipments to them several times a month and they will direct ship to you. Please contact me for more info.

This service is for people looking for an ongoing method of CGC 9.8s of a title. If you are looking for just #1s of a hot book this service is not for you.

PRICING:

$35 for regular issues and most "B" covers with a cover price of up to $4.99 in CGC 9.8. No charge for fails. Subscriptions continue until cancelled by subscriber and subscribers will be responsible for books that have been subbed before cancellation.

All shipping is Priority Mail USPS boxed and comes with signature confirmation.

There is a minimum three issue order/pre-pay per title and pricing is as:

• Three issue subscription pre-pay for one title is $105 + $25 Domestic Priority Mail Shipping

• Six issue subscription pre-pay for one title is $210 + $40 Domestic Priority Mail Shipping

• Twelve issue subscription pre-pay for one title is $420 + $60 Domestic Priority Mail Shipping

International customers pay shipping based on country of destination and package weight.

*If you opt for the twelve issue subscription pre-pay you can still request shipping every three issues but this will bring your shipping up to $100 (4 shipments x$25).

If you order more than one title your shipping will be adjusted based on weight and frequency of shipment. Example - Four titles shipped quarterly (12 issues) would be $60 Priority Shipping. 

VARIANTS:

If you would like Variants with your subscription just request this with your subscription request and you will be billed for them as they grade, no pre-pay, no high flat price regardless of ratio as with some other services. Most Variants are priced as follows but there are some instances where pricing will be higher for hotter artist store level variants (example: J. Scott Campbell).

• Variants up to 1 in 10 - $45

• Variants 1 in 15 - $50

• Variants 1 in 20 or 1 in 25 - $55

• Variants above 1 in 25 priced based on ratio/raw price.

CON VARIANTS

As you may already know I personally visit the majority of conventions throughout the year and offer con Variants in sales threads here on the boards. I personally pre-screen these books and submit them to CGC for grading. My 9.8 Subscribers have first dibs on any con variants for titles they subscribe to so if you are interested in Con Variants please put that in your subscription request.

Please note, as stated in original thread there is no charge for failed 9.8s. As always when a book does not pass 9.8 I will attempt to re-sub to get you a 9.8. Due to some print runs this may not be possible and you will not be charged for that issue. Your pre-payment will continue to the next issue graded. However, this does not give you a reason to bail on any books already graded. No refunds will be given for books already graded.

Link to original 9.8 subscription thread -

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/246767-beachbum-comics-cgc-98-modern-subscription-service-update-820-bump-pms/

Edited by BeachBum
Link to original thread + a little more clarity.

Are we back to allowing sales threads to be posted wherever?

only for qualified super bosses

I'm unsure what the rules are on advertisements in modern? Isn't half of the threads about what is for sale at what cost?

talking about pumping and dumping is not the same as advertising what you are pump and dumping, at least not overtly. Note that this thread is neither pump nor dump.

generally I'd say letting this type of thing being posted here sets an unfavorable precedent, but I think its a pretty valuable service, so I wouldn't mind if it stuck around awhile before getting pulled/moved.

I'm unsure what the rules are on advertisements in modern? Isn't half of the threads about what is for sale at what cost?

talking about pumping and dumping is not the same as advertising what you are pump and dumping, at least not overtly. Note that this thread is neither pump nor dump.

generally I'd say letting this type of thing being posted here sets an unfavorable precedent, but I think its a pretty valuable service, so I wouldn't mind if it stuck around awhile before getting pulled/moved.

I disagree on the first bit, I think people are constantly pumping up their wares in here. Most of modern is not about comic book content but about their cost and trajectories and potential future secondary market.

And while I agree it probably is a good service, if advertisements aren't allowed in Modern the quality of the service shouldn't matter. No offense to Beachbum, he's done well by me with a few of his con threads (thumbs u

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious but I went to the FB and couldn't find the "current stock" of what's offered? Or is it literally any of the major titles?

Any current title. Facebook not updated yet but will be this week.

I disagree on the first bit, I think people are constantly pumping up their wares in here. Most of modern is not about comic book content but about their cost and trajectories and potential future secondary market.

And while I agree it probably is a good service, if advertisements aren't allowed in Modern the quality of the service shouldn't matter. No offense to Beachbum, he's done well by me with a few of his con threads (thumbs u

Service threads have existed in modern, whether it be announcements or Court's Blind Box etc. if I'm not mistaken. The defunct Cole Mine Comics also had threads in Modern discussing their 9.8 service.

This is the third such BeachBum service update thread here in Modern in the past eight years - the last thread started in 2012 and can be found here - http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5609704

At this point it's easier since so much time had past to start a new one instead of people digging up the old ones.

I'm not pushing or promoting any particular title.

Edited by BeachBum

Service threads have existed in modern, whether it be announcements or Court's Blind Box etc. if I'm not mistaken.

This is the third such BeachBum service update thread here in Modern in the past eight years - the last thread started in 2012 and can be found here - http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5609704

At this point it's easier since so much time had past to start a new one instead of people digging up the old ones.

I'm not pushing or promoting any particular title.

Yeah, you're right I remember the Blind Box thread now that you mention it, that is a precedent.

Just for the record, I don't have a problem with it, I just wondered what the rules were after this was questioned.

This goes out to all current 9.8 pre-screen subscribers

After a few months of dealing with continuing PM issues (alerts going to spam, search requests not showing results) I'm toying with the idea of moving away from PMs to direct emails, or an ordering system through my website. It's come to my attention that I also haven't billed some of you in some instances for many months because of this, even though I'm still pulling and grading books for you. I'm working on streamlining this to make it easier for everyone. If you order from me from the website or eBay you know that I'm quick to respond and ship and I want that experience for my 9.8 customers as well.

Dre

3 hours ago, AeonHitz said:

Reminder I'm waiting on a Greg Horn Dark nights metal D cover from megacon?

@AeonHitz Yup, as many know MegaCon books took awhile to be received in the system... My MegaCon drop-offs didn't show up Received until June 6th. Your book just hit shipped/safe last Friday and is 9.8 SS. I should have it shortly. Hopefully I'l be able to go in and pick it before I head to Vegas Friday morning.