• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

most worthless #1 in a 9.6?

45 posts in this topic

In the words of George Carlin, there has to be the most worthless number 1 comic ever printed in fabulous condition,

I have a nominee:

RIMA , The Jungle Girl May, 1974 (DC) I have this in at least a 9.4. It does not appear to be worth the paper it's printed on which was not a lot to begin with. I'm sure my estimation will fail in mere minutes when put before this fine board.

Have at it.

Probably any BA book in 9.6 is worth more than some of the junk that has come out in the last 30 years.

Cheapest CGC 9.6 first issue to sell on ebay in the last 90 days.

Marvel Comics' Ender's Game: Battle School #1 Variant Edition for $11.75 including shipping.

Cheapest CGC 9.8 first issue

Atomik Mike #1 $11.80 including shipping.

Cheapest CGC 9.9 ( old red label)

Chastity: Theatre of Pain #1 $31 w/ free shipping.

Cheapest CGC 10

ZOOM SUIT #1 Film Festival Edition $93.77 with shipping

I suspect that it would be easy to find a worthless b / w indie from the 80s to fit in here?

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Well, except for the era. I have some very recent truly independent books I've picked up at small shows that are legitimately awful.

I'm not posting them as the only reason I picked them up in the first place was to support the people making them that were just starting getting started in their endeavors.

oldest and most worthless? Heroes, Inc. (1969) - last 9.6 GPA $32

A shame because it does have some very nice Wally Wood art in it.

Yes it does, but it's also (a) unreadable tripe and (b) exists by the shipping container load.

Yes it does, but it's also (a) unreadable tripe and (b) exists by the shipping container load.

Yup. A common $1-or-less raw book for years. Possibly still is.

Other examples of this might include some Continuity Comics first issues; nice Adams or Adams-like artwork, often very poor stories.