• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AA16 3.5 on comiconnect

60 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:
2 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

What did the All Star 8's go for?

The IGB books continue to plummet.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=694717

I am not sure if "continuing to plummet" is the right term to be using here, since I thought prices for their books were always scraping bottom right from the start.  (shrug)

Looks like this copy here sold for just over 15% of unrestored condition guide, while some of their earlier creations sold for high single digit percentages to condition guide only, if my memory serves me correctly.

So, prices relative to guide might actually be rising for them.  :whee:lol

On 1/29/2017 at 4:48 PM, atomised said:

thoughts on where this badboy ends up? Imagine it will crush the last gpa of $41k set in 2015 for a 3.5

Seeing how the GL#1 recently exploded, this book could be in for a special ride. I'm setting the over/under at 75k

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=704518

On 1/29/2017 at 5:03 PM, batman_fan said:

It will go way over guide, exactly how high is anyones guess. I think $80k is on the high side but cracking $60k would not surprise me.

On 1/29/2017 at 5:05 PM, woowoo said:

I say it would be lucky if it got to 41k. (shrug)

Looks like this silverfish infested copy still managed to get a very strong price at $66K, by almost doing an astounding double in the extended time bidding session of the auction.  :flipbait:   :whatthe:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I am not sure if "continuing to plummet" is the right term to be using here, since I thought prices for their books were always scraping bottom right from the start.  (shrug)

Looks like this copy here sold for just over 15% of unrestored condition guide, while some of their earlier creations sold for high single digit percentages to condition guide only, if my memory serves me correctly.

6 months ago, same book $22,400 

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=668109

Last night: $15,650

Edited by Gotham Kid

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like this silverfish infested copy still managed to get a very strong price at $66K, by almost doing an astounding double in the extended time bidding session of the auction.  :flipbait:   :whatthe:

My estimate was based on the amount of time since one has been offered in an auction and the recent increase for second tier titles (look st the string price for the last GA flash)

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:
9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

My estimate was based on the amount of time since one has been offered in an auction and the recent increase for second tier titles (look st the string price for the last GA flash)

Well, since it finished up at $66K, it looks like you managed to hit it into the green as you said that it would crack $60K, but not touch the $80K mark.  (thumbsu

10 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Boy, what a party pooper you are!  :baiting:

Taking all the fun and games out of wild speculation with real facts and boring history.  (tsk)

Seriously though, thanks as it's always good to have the proper info.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Great time to be a seller :screwy:.

3 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

This is why AA 16 is a top 10 GA key

When a fugly 3.5 fetches 66K, you won't find argument there.

Edited by Gotham Kid

11 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
13 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yeah and I think some of their Marvel SA keys have dropped like a stone on resale.  I don't have the numbers at hand, but some of the initial buyers have taken a bath. 

35 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Yeah and I think some of their Marvel SA keys have dropped like a stone on resale.  I don't have the numbers at hand, but some of the initial buyers have taken a bath. 

I won't post numbers less I find myself in a CGC-like lawsuit.

I was being sarcastic. :smirk:

10 minutes ago, Bronty said:

to my understanding you can't be sued for posting facts with no commentary.

And I guess even much less if you live on another continent.

Edited by Gotham Kid

6 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I was being sarcastic. :smirk:

And I guess even much less if you live on another continent.

well its just more expensive that way ;)