• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Link Question

50 posts in this topic

I've just started using Comic Link and set up some alerts. However, I found an in progress auction that I'm interested in but can't figure out a way to save it or watch it, etc. Some way to keep an eye on it without having to search it every time I want to access it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yeah, only bids can be tracked, so I go through when the auctions start and place a small bid on everything I want to track. Even that it can get confusing though because it tracks by artist alphabetically (which is the order they list in) but it lists everything by the title of the art like they are listed under. So when you track a lot it can be hard to find it quickly in your "My Bids" area. But just do a small bid to track it and like eBay, the real bidding action is at the end.

Yeah, you kind of need to get in on the first day or two and place low minimum bids in order to be able to "track". Very unlikely those minimum bids will lock you into buying the piece... and if it does, it's likely you are getting a great deal.

3 hours ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

What exactly is happening when something from the OA Exchange is listed as “sale pending”? There’s something I have my eyes on that’s been listed that way for months. 

They don't update when the transaction is complete, so usually -- especially if it's been listed that way for a long time -- it means it's sold and gone. It doesn't hurt to hit the waitlist in general, though. I did have one exchange buyer not pay after I already sent the book to Clink, and I've never gotten unrelated emails when I tried their waitlist.

11 hours ago, Greenlake said:

They don't update when the transaction is complete, so usually -- especially if it's been listed that way for a long time -- it means it's sold and gone. It doesn't hurt to hit the waitlist in general, though. I did have one exchange buyer not pay after I already sent the book to Clink, and I've never gotten unrelated emails when I tried their waitlist.

What exactly does being on their Waitlist entail? Does it obligate you to purchase when the art is available?

On 6/16/2019 at 3:39 AM, AnkurJ said:

I’m sure both companies will be happy to make state of the art websites if we are willing to pay buyer premiums. Until then, I’m good with not paying a BP and managing with the sites.

Yep, this is spot on. 

My positive experiences of using the Comic Link platform far outweigh any negative ones I may have gone through.  My experience has been that Comic Link has always been super easy to communicate with, and buy/sell items through.

Edited by Lucky Baru

32 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

Yep, this is spot on. 

My positive experiences of using the Comic Link platform far outweigh any negative ones I may have gone through.  My experience has been that Comic Link has always been super easy to communicate with, and buy/sell items through.

I have always found Comic Link to be fine. I wish they saved the results of old auctions, however. Tracking has its advantages, but the tracking feature also encourages interest by others to follow something I want, so its absence helps me. In that sense its absence is a plus.

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

I have always found Comic Link to be fine. I wish they saved the results of old auctions, however. Tracking has its advantages, but the tracking feature also encourages interest by others to follow something I want, so its absence helps me. In that sense its absence is a plus.

Working on it actually. My friends and I are building this site which includes art. It’s mostly comics right now but some art results can be found.

www.dreckcheck.com

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

Working on it actually. My friends and I are building this site which includes art. It’s mostly comics right now but some art results can be found.

www.dreckcheck.com

5 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

www.dreckcheck.com

Great to see it. I confess I am curious how you are checking Comic Link and Comic Connect. The Wayback Machine?

Let me suggest you allow for searches to be defined by quote marks as well as individual words. Combinations like Phantom Stranger shouldn't pull up things involving Phantom or Stranger Things. Also, will you be allowing for multi-level searches? E.g. all Superman appearances in Justice League of America?