• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Letter to our Customers -Turn Times

15 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Dear Valued CGC Customers,

As many of you know, CGC turnaround times reached a point where some submission tiers were a number of months behind our target turnaround times. While this is indicative of CGC’s growth—2016 was a record-breaking year for submissions—we understand that slow turnaround times are a major source of frustration for our submitters.

With this in mind, CGC took significant steps over the last year to bring turnaround times back down to an acceptable level. We increased the size of our staff by nearly 20%, with key additions to every department in the company. We developed a new online submission form that not only simplifies your submission process, but also creates meaningful operational efficiencies for CGC. Our grading, operations and customer service teams worked late and over many weekends to close the gap between where our turnaround times were and where they needed to be. At the same time, we took great care to ensure that CGC maintained its commitment to accuracy, consistency and integrity.

We are pleased to report that as a result of these efforts, the turnaround times for all CGC grading tiers are now operating on time. The tier that was most affected by slower turnaround times – Modern – currently takes less than a quarter of the time it took just six months ago.

We would like to thank you for your patience as we worked to reduce our turnaround times. Expert certification is not something that can be rushed, but we are now better equipped than ever to grade and authenticate your comic books, magazines, concert posters and lobby cards in a timely manner. We hope that you will continue to support CGC as we provide our services to the hobby that we care so much about.

Sincerely,

The CGC Team

Below are CGC's current turnaround times.  Click HERE to start your submission today!

Modern: 20 Business Days

Modern Fast Track: 10 Business Days

Economy: 26 Business Days

Economy Fast Track: 12 Business Days

Value: 26 Business Days

Value Fast Track: 12 Business Days

Pre-screen: 30 Business Days

Standard: 9 Business Days

Express: 4 Business Days

WalkThru: Same Day

I just called Customer Service to say "great job" on TAT and then logged in here to do the same thing. Found this

Awesome job CGC. I have been submitting books since maybe 2003? This is as good as it has EVER been. And soooooo much better than the times where regular moderns were taking six or more months.

It is truly appreciated Thank you!!

:applause:

BTW - Brittany and the other Customer Service reps over the years have always been helpful and patient - even when I'm sure helpful and patient was not easy .

Edited by Tony S

Wonder how big a drop you will see in Fast Track since the slow boat is only a couple months. You really need the books fast to not be able to wait 8 weeks.

Wonder how big a drop you will see in Fast Track since the slow boat is only a couple months. You really need the books fast to not be able to wait 8 weeks.

Doesn't matter to me..I'm patient and can simply wait going the slow boat route. I don't think I'll ever use Fast Track.