• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IMPORTANT - CGC Chat Boards Upgrade
6 6

151 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, MBFan said:

Too bad this new set up loses the great functionality of clicking "all" to view every page of a thread on one continuous screen. 

or even showing 100 posts per page, rather than having 80 pages of 30 posts each. If this option is buried somewhere, I would love a link.

I primarily use my phone to lurk the boards so the mobile view is probably different.  Each thread takes up a large portion of my screen versus the "list view" on the old site in which I could see lots of threads within a topic in one shot. Maybe downsize (or condense) each thread for mobile?

Edited by bringsenseback1

I'm a long time viewer of the old boards, but never posted.  I really enjoyed the setup and being that I'm a person that isn't the best with technology, it seemed pretty easy to figure out for the most part.  I'm not quite sure how much I like the new setup.    

The best chance I have to read and post is from my phone. 

My activity was dwindling because the phone access was so poor and I can't get on during my working day. 

So, while it's all new and I need to work it all out again, I have to say this responsive UI that supports phones is a huge improvement. Stoked. 

15 hours ago, Chadwick said:

or even showing 100 posts per page, rather than having 80 pages of 30 posts each. If this option is buried somewhere, I would love a link.

Prefer to have a page size drop down that defaults to 25 or 30 posts. If the topic is image intensive and your page size is 100+, that could put a burden on your browser.

Actually, another approach is to throw out pagination completely and use the infinite scrolling technique.

Search function not as good. I can't jump right on here, type in CAL, and see the blown chunks of derogatory defamation against me as easily.

Not enough Thread spaces to see instantly who is where and what is done.

Has the looks of a complete downgrade; probably a money-saving move.

But the good thing, if this is a good thing: I can easily dominate the "recent post" and get lined up easier in the middle of the night, knowing at least 50 Forumites will get their voodoo dolls out on me the next day :devil:

CAL who rarely wishes for the "old days" back but in this Board's "contextual change", want the old Interface back...

Architect,

I pm'd you per the CGC's instructions 2 days ago. Still waiting for a response.

I'm again asking for your assistance.

thanks,

john - aka bronze johnny , a member since 1/31/05 not the newbie, bronzejohnny11.

14 hours ago, ComicsAndCode said:

Prefer to have a page size drop down that defaults to 25 or 30 posts. If the topic is image intensive and your page size is 100+, that could put a burden on your browser.

Actually, another approach is to throw out pagination completely and use the infinite scrolling technique.

That could work well.

14 hours ago, Calamerica said:

Search function not as good. I can't jump right on here, type in CAL, and see the blown chunks of derogatory defamation against me as easily.

Actually, you couldn't do it on the old forum either. Your searches had to have at least 4 characters.

3 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Actually, you couldn't do it on the old forum either. Your searches had to have at least 4 characters.

3 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I don't know how to tell you this but straight up: I only typed in CAL. That was all.

On 2/9/2017 at 1:35 PM, Real Frantic One said:

Any estimate as to when it will be possible to edit posts? I have a sales thread that needs edited and I can't find how to do this.

I posed the same question in the previous page.  Appears they have yet to enable this.  Interesting though, I was able to update my recap page on the last page of my sales thread yesterday evening.  Now, the 'Edit' option is gone.  WTF?!?

2 hours ago, Calamerica said:

I don't know how to tell you this but straight up: I only typed in CAL. That was all.

Strange, I was sure only searches greater than 3 characters worked.

2 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Strange, I was sure only searches greater than 3 characters worked.

Things got worse when I tried bidding on the Sales Threads on my Galaxy 7 phone. Most of the time it was okay, but TWO occasions it turned  out badly for me: that PLOD TTA I won from Aces, then that kid who listed 9.2 Strange Tales when about 10 of us were hitting the :takeit: all at the same time. That caused some grief, but a few kids must have had better bandwidth, etc because three kids won 90% of what was sold. A few Boardies gave me a hard time over that one too, but I have no control over who gets the items over anyone else.

That happened again a month later, I just decided not to bid that Thread.

Sometimes the easy solution eludes us...

CAL who does not give up easily, but knows a losing battle when he sees one.