• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective 395

65 posts in this topic

I personally recommend getting every 60's- 70's comic where Adams drew Batman, it's simpler that way.  I'm still missing a lot of the ones where he just did covers, but I luckily finished off the ones where he did stories just a few years ago right before the prices went completely bonkers.

Don't forget the two Power Records issues when you go looking.

21 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I personally recommend getting every 60's- 70's comic where Adams drew Batman, it's simpler that way.  I'm still missing a lot of the ones where he just did covers, but I luckily finished off the ones where he did stories just a few years ago right before the prices went completely bonkers.

Don't forget the two Power Records issues when you go looking.

SHHHHH... don't tell everyone.  They are already hard to find in high grade!

9 hours ago, bcphillips119 said:

SHHHHH... don't tell everyone.  They are already hard to find in high grade!

Gee, an overlooked Neal Adams story with Man-Bat? And only his second Joker story? Can't imagine why they're hard to find!

On 2/4/2017 at 9:48 PM, HouseofComics.Com said:

Okay, I happened to see a copy of Tec 397 today and found what I was talking about. Pages four and five. Basically Batman's internal dialogue about what had just happened in the fight that led to him being shot with a spear gun and falling into the water. Covers how he escaped what looked like deadly blows, how his nerve cluster was hit and that's why he couldn't pursue them with his dead arm, shows him treating himself, including with yoga. I feel like Denny brought all this to Batman, and it's big, as big as some of the villains he invented or brought back a few years later.

When I first read this thread months ago it was the following sequence from Batman #243 that came to mind.  Denny O'Neil-scripted internal monologue.  This pic I just took from the Limited Collector's Edition reprint recently, which is why I'm only getting around to posting it now. 

In case anyone hasn't read the story, that's Batman in his Matches Malone undercover identity.  :gossip:

Internal_monologue.jpg