• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE Books RETURNED by CopperAgeKids
3 3

118 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2018 at 10:19 AM, fullerjason said:

I just saw a couple months back that CopperAgeKids was banned as a vendor from VA ComicCon for shenanigans via a Facebook post from VA Comic Con. I stated on the Facebook post that I thought I saw him on these forums but he quickly told me that he is not on the CGC boards but is on Voldys. I was going to say that I recalled he was banned from these boards but meh. Seems like a real winner.

that turd is still floating around?

Ugh. This guy.

I have not had any interactions with him other than what I read on the boards but he contacted me once via eBay

I would have to go through my ebay messages to get exact wording but CopperAgeKids messaged me awhile ago, asking me "not to lower my price" on a book I had up for sale (Preacher #1 CGC 9.8) as he had "several" at CGC and didn't want the "market" to drop or something like that.

:facepalm:

I have NEVER had anyone do that before and is something I would never even think of messaging another seller to do. I didn't do it. The book sold at a price I was happy with given what I had in it.

Not surprised to read of more shenanigans.

21 hours ago, fullerjason said:

This was posted on VA COMICONs FB page a few days after the above post......

01.jpg

Wow, during the event.  That's creative and a new low.   Based on this post they only took his photo down because they got their money back through paypal and CAK forced them to dispute the charge back.  

20 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Wow, during the event.  That's creative and a new low.   Based on this post they only took his photo down because they got their money back through paypal and CAK forced them to dispute the charge back.  

I've had some terrible Cons in terms of selling but never considered doing a chargeback on the booth fee.  How mad was he that even attempted it?

On 8/13/2018 at 12:42 AM, thehumantorch said:

A clear and ever pattern, some people just can't fly straight.

One of the more telling aspects of the low quality of posters at the CBCS boards is that when I would correct CAK on whatever nonsense he was spewing at the time....and he spewed much, as many here can attest....several of those people would rush to his defense, particularly the relentlessly ignorant "shrewbeer."  It was so eye-roll inducing, I had a hard time keeping them in my head.

13 hours ago, 1Cool said:
On 8/14/2018 at 9:04 AM, thehumantorch said:

I've had some terrible Cons in terms of selling but never considered doing a chargeback on the booth fee.  How mad was he that even attempted it?

Maybe "how entitled did he feel he was"...?

On 8/13/2018 at 12:07 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

Ugh. This guy.

I have not had any interactions with him other than what I read on the boards but he contacted me once via eBay

I would have to go through my ebay messages to get exact wording but CopperAgeKids messaged me awhile ago, asking me "not to lower my price" on a book I had up for sale (Preacher #1 CGC 9.8) as he had "several" at CGC and didn't want the "market" to drop or something like that.

:facepalm:

I have NEVER had anyone do that before and is something I would never even think of messaging another seller to do. I didn't do it. The book sold at a price I was happy with given what I had in it.

Not surprised to read of more shenanigans.

Thanks for the warning on this character..... just blocked him on ebay

Edited by jokiing