• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barry Windsor Smith
2 2

70 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2021 at 8:40 PM, sckao said:

I was trying to jog my memory and I seem to remember this was an event on the boards… Either it was an official event or it was facilitated by a board member here. You could have two items signed by BWS but you had to mail the items to them.

I hope I got that right. I may have slabbed that Epic Illustrated #16 along with the Conan #1 possibly since I literally had and still have hundreds of copies of that magazine series.

783B563E-3985-43DB-A7C9-DB4DB776E229.jpeg

6EEB5D21-7A6A-4B2E-AD50-E456748338BF.jpeg

Thanks. That previous one can’t be mine… Your numbering is sequential. Someone must have submitted two or weren’t constrained by the limit and had a stack of them.

Turns out I put your copy up for auction on January 10, 2010 at a VCC Fundraiser. So your copy WAS MINE! (My memory is shot.) :preach:

I guess the board got together to do a Fundraiser to put Danny Dupcak out of business... (I don't even recall this actually. We did so many VCC auctions, charity auctions, and fundraiser events back then, it's become a blur.) So I didn't make any money off of this and it was donated toward the fundraiser.

That thread even says I got the Epic Illustrated #16 and the Conan #1 8.0 signed together. (And I threw in a Marvel Comics Presents #84 CGC 9.8 and 5 raw copies of MCP #72! lol.)

It sold for $200. That's a pretty good deal in today's market given the freebies... :baiting:

Edited by sckao

On 8/15/2021 at 12:15 PM, sckao said:

Turns out I put your copy up for auction on January 10, 2010 at a VCC Fundraiser. So your copy WAS MINE! (My memory is shot.) :preach:

I guess the board got together to do a Fundraiser to put Danny Dupcak out of business... (I don't even recall this actually. We did so many VCC auctions, charity auctions, and fundraiser events back then, it's become a blur.) So I didn't make any money off of this and it was donated toward the fundraiser.

That thread even says I got the Epic Illustrated #16 and the Conan #1 8.0 signed together. (And I threw in a Marvel Comics Presents #84 CGC 9.8 and 5 raw copies of MCP #72! lol.)

It sold for $200. That's a pretty good deal in today's market given the freebies... :baiting:

haha, nice