• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers
1 1

71 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2017 at 1:29 PM, Robot Man said:

Man, that is cool and it looks vintage. What is it? I love the fact that there is so much more than just comics being posted here. Nice added dimension.

It's a poster that was included in a Heritage lot... just re-discovered it the other day... :)

On 2/11/2017 at 4:59 AM, Yellow Kid said:

Harvey Comics Flash Gordon #1-4 are relatively common.  However, while #5 is listed in the guide, I have never seen a copy or even talked to anyone else who has seen a copy.  Do any of you have a copy or know anyone who definitely has a copy.  This would be from the period where Harvey made some half-size books to complete subscriptions.  I even have a copy of the art for the cover of #5, but I question if it was actually published.

I've been sniffing for a hint of Flash #5 since I expanded into GA back around 2k, no luck. Several other collectors I know say they have never seen one in over 40 years of looking. I think the consensus from the GCD guys is that it was planned as a mail-out only issue to subscribers like Stuntman #3 was, but was never produced. No concrete evidence has ever surfaced. I'm still looking though of course. ;) 

43 minutes ago, fett said:

I've been sniffing for a hint of Flash #5 since I expanded into GA back around 2k, no luck. Several other collectors I know say they have never seen one in over 40 years of looking. I think the consensus from the GCD guys is that it was planned as a mail-out only issue to subscribers like Stuntman #3 was, but was never produced. No concrete evidence has ever surfaced. I'm still looking though of course. ;) 

Never seen or heard of one either and I have also looked.  Could it be one that Overstreet through in there to screw up the folks that would copy his guide? I have heard there are quite a few listing that are bogus for copy right reasons.

When I checked with the people at the price guide, I was told that #5 was included because Bob Beerbohm said that he thought he remembered seeing it.  I have seen the cover art for #5 but I have never discussed it with anyone who has seen the book, or even heard of an actual copy.  I doubt that it exists.

55 minutes ago, Yellow Kid said:

When I checked with the people at the price guide, I was told that #5 was included because Bob Beerbohm said that he thought he remembered seeing it.  I have seen the cover art for #5 but I have never discussed it with anyone who has seen the book, or even heard of an actual copy.  I doubt that it exists.

Hard to believe much of anything Beerbohm says. I personally think it's a myth.

On 3/12/2017 at 10:30 AM, Robot Man said:

How about this?

brogershelmet1_zps37c71c13.jpg

Wonderful presentation with Alfred there donning the "helmet".  Hilarious.