• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Return of Wolvie?

57 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:43 AM, Gunnz said:

Omg I forget about magneto!!!

He could totally make a sweet lawn ornament outta that blob! With or without Wolverine inside. Preferably with.

Basically, the idea that the molten adamantium jump-started his healing factor would be essentially the ending of the story that Claremont proposed with the Dark Wolverine Saga way back in the day. Except instead of Deathstrike ripping out his heart to jump-start it & then him getting turned into the Hand's assassin ala Enemy of the State, Mags ripping the adamantium shell off of him would just skip all the rest of that stuff. You gotta figure, pretty much all of the bones of all of the reset of Claremont's unused Wolverine plans have been picked clean by other writers, so why not use this little morsel of tissue left on those bones?

Ok, so clones are out... fine.   But let's just use  "imposter" as our term.  What fans REALLY LOVE (and Marvel has proven this), is a story like this:

A new Wolverine appears out of nowhere, and everyone considers him an "imposter."  But, it turns out he was the REAL Wolverine all along... who was left behind on Beyonders world in Secret Wars in 1984.  And an "imposter Wolverine" was the one who took his place, had all his adventures the last 30+ years and died.  So all the Wolverine stories in the interim are basically null and void and never actually happened to Wolverine.

Fans LOVE that.

Marvel should try something like that.

If they don't want to try the Secret Wars idea, they could just have Wolverine be thrown into a chimney and run away in 1984 and have stayed away until now.. but that seems silly.

5 hours ago, fmaz said:

Ok, so clones are out... fine.   But let's just use  "imposter" as our term.  What fans REALLY LOVE (and Marvel has proven this), is a story like this:

A new Wolverine appears out of nowhere, and everyone considers him an "imposter."  But, it turns out he was the REAL Wolverine all along... who was left behind on Beyonders world in Secret Wars in 1984.  And an "imposter Wolverine" was the one who took his place, had all his adventures the last 30+ years and died.  So all the Wolverine stories in the interim are basically null and void and never actually happened to Wolverine.

Fans LOVE that.

Marvel should try something like that.

If they don't want to try the Secret Wars idea, they could just have Wolverine be thrown into a chimney and run away in 1984 and have stayed away until now.. but that seems silly.

Do you want Marvel editors to get death threats? I mean... more than they probably already receive?

29 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

Do you want Marvel editors to get death threats? I mean... more than they probably already receive?

I'm assuming that a) everyone here knows exactly what disasterous past project I'm making fun of in my funny funny joke (or it's not very funny funny), and b) that if this WAS proposed at Marvel it would be green lit in two minutes. lol

1 minute ago, fmaz said:

I'm assuming that a) everyone here knows exactly what disasterous past project I'm making fun of in my funny funny joke (or it's not very funny funny), and b) that if this WAS proposed at Marvel it would be green lit in two minutes. lol

Ben Reilly :cloud9:

They will take the easy way out.  They will decide that his healing factor kicked in when he was about to die in the adamantium cocoon. But in his weakened state was not strong enough to break free. He has been alive but essentially comatose, and somebody will just have to discover a way to break him out. Problem solved, and yes almost identical to Jean Grey.

14 minutes ago, drotto said:

They will take the easy way out.  They will decide that his healing factor kicked in when he was about to die in the adamantium cocoon. But in his weakened state was not strong enough to break free. He has been alive but essentially comatose, and somebody will just have to discover a way to break him out. Problem solved, and yes almost identical to Jean Grey.

Hmmm... a cocoon....

909678-fantastic_four_167_1.jpg

On 2/20/2017 at 4:41 PM, drotto said:

Ok. my issue with him coming out of the adamantium shell is that since being encased, he has had zero oxygen. and although his body can heal, I dont think it can make its own O2. So, I'm getting on board with the A0U Wolverine not actually being dead (I have no idea how that story plays out). 

13 hours ago, Gunnz said:

Ok. my issue with him coming out of the adamantium shell is that since being encased, he has had zero oxygen. and although his body can heal, I dont think it can make its own O2. So, I'm getting on board with the A0U Wolverine not actually being dead (I have no idea how that story plays out). 

They decided only one could go back to the future (present) or something like that, and the other would have to "die" so they went into a cave and only one came out. They didn't show what happened in the cave. Highly likely he didn't actually kill him in case he failed himself and that would be a contingency plan.

I find the the lack of oxygen in the adamantium shell being sufficient enough to kill him inside and keep him dead. That's really been the only way that's been theorized on how to actually kill him and keep him dead. Of course there could be small holes from oxygen being released upon cooling. Giving him just enough oxygen to give his healing factor (that was miraculously jump started) a chance to keep him in a low energy catatonic state until freed.

Or the much simpler version and the most likely- Jean Grey Phoenix resurrects him after breaking/melting the adamantium shell. The Phoenix force is vastly overpowered and the connection Jean and Wolvie have always had will be the reason now that older Scott is dead. She chooses to keep him dead because he sucks and everyone hates him now. 

14 hours ago, BigNoidtheDroid said:

They decided only one could go back to the future (present) or something like that, and the other would have to "die" so they went into a cave and only one came out. They didn't show what happened in the cave. Highly likely he didn't actually kill him in case he failed himself and that would be a contingency plan.

I find the the lack of oxygen in the adamantium shell being sufficient enough to kill him inside and keep him dead. That's really been the only way that's been theorized on how to actually kill him and keep him dead. Of course there could be small holes from oxygen being released upon cooling. Giving him just enough oxygen to give his healing factor (that was miraculously jump started) a chance to keep him in a low energy catatonic state until freed.

Or the much simpler version and the most likely- Jean Grey Phoenix resurrects him after breaking/melting the adamantium shell. The Phoenix force is vastly overpowered and the connection Jean and Wolvie have always had will be the reason now that older Scott is dead. She chooses to keep him dead because he sucks and everyone hates him now. 

LOL!!! Because he sucks and everyone hates him now. love it. 

I can't see the adamantium being porous given its "unbreakableness" (its a word). My money is on the AoU wolvie. I think if one of them actually died they definitely would have showed it as a shock factor thing. 

1 hour ago, Gunnz said:

LOL!!! Because he sucks and everyone hates him now. love it. 

I can't see the adamantium being porous given its "unbreakableness" (its a word). My money is on the AoU wolvie. I think if one of them actually died they definitely would have showed it as a shock factor thing. 

The Wolverine inside the shell AOU was a Skrull and the AOU Wolverine traded places while the real Wolverine did cave carvings and took lots of naps.

Or maybe we get really lucky & find out that the last like... say... 10-11 years? of the Marvel universe have been a Franklin Richards fever dream from the Skrull Flu or something & when his fever breaks, everything reverts back; all the dumb legacy characters, all the poorly thought out events, all of the really bad plots & their gaping plot holes, and all of the awful editorial decisions (like Steve Rogers being a secret Nazi for 70 years) just vanish. We realize that even that the whole world has been reset to about 2 weeks before the first Marvel Civil War & none of the dumb feces that's been slowly strangling Marvel for the past near-dozen years happens. They go full-on "Bobby Ewing stepping out of the shower" with the past near-dozen years & everyone kinda breathes a sign of relief as a result.

2 hours ago, Doktor said:

Or maybe we get really lucky & find out that the last like... say... 10-11 years? of the Marvel universe have been a Franklin Richards fever dream from the Skrull Flu or something & when his fever breaks, everything reverts back; all the dumb legacy characters, all the poorly thought out events, all of the really bad plots & their gaping plot holes, and all of the awful editorial decisions (like Steve Rogers being a secret Nazi for 70 years) just vanish. We realize that even that the whole world has been reset to about 2 weeks before the first Marvel Civil War & none of the dumb feces that's been slowly strangling Marvel for the past near-dozen years happens. They go full-on "Bobby Ewing stepping out of the shower" with the past near-dozen years & everyone kinda breathes a sign of relief as a result.

I like the way you think.