• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics 35 CGC 7.5 WOW!!

6 posts in this topic

I remember when a boardie owned this copy (it was a cgc 6.5) back then, and he offered it to me at Chicago con and I passed doh!

I don't understand how this went from a 6.5 to a 7.5. There is no discernable difference between the 6.5 and 7.5 scans of the book. The only explanation is that CGC simply relaxed its grading standards, which must be frustrating for the guy that sold it as a 6.5.

I remember when a boardie owned this copy (it was a cgc 6.5) back then, and he offered it to me at Chicago con and I passed doh!

I don't understand how this went from a 6.5 to a 7.5. There is no discernable difference between the 6.5 and 7.5 scans of the book. The only explanation is that CGC simply relaxed its grading standards, which must be frustrating for the guy that sold it as a 6.5.

There has most definitely NOT been a relaxing of the grading standards based upon many of the GA books graded during the latter half of 2016, as based upon what I am seeing in these current auctions.

Go and check out some of the comparisons for CGC 3.5 graded books in the AA 16 CGC 3.5 thread. Take a look at what is being called a CGC 3.5 nowadays as compared to the bug-chewed CGC 3.5 from before. There are many beautiful looking GA and SA books graded from the latter part of 2016 which presents far nicer then their assigned grade, relative to what we have seen before.

I believe what is happening is a significant CHANGE to their unpublished grading standards with the new grading team that is in place. With the new Head Grader in place, it should not be surprising which defect is the one that has taken on much greater significance when it comes to grading now.

Hint #1: It is the one that you would not be able to see from even the enlarged detailed scans. Hint #2: It is the one that will also add potential additional revenue to CGC's parent company since it is easily fixable. :gossip:hm