• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$20,000 Steranko/Buckler and Kirby/Royer art from Australia
1 1

29 posts in this topic

Your call, but I would point out that Rae himself had a heavy presence on those threads about him that featured on this art forum. His own input to these threads pretty much damned him by his own words/responses. As such, all first hand, not hearsay.

Personally, if it stops someone from getting scammed to the tune of 20k on a lightboxed Steranko (or lesser-priced phony Kirbys), I would have no hesitation chiming in with appropriate warnings to fellow collectors.

Even if you didn't want to personally engage Rae, maybe a few links to various threads wouldn't have gone amiss. 2c

Heck, point me in the direction of the FB group and I'll do it myself.

Terry's is Van Helsing to The Reanimated Corpse of Richard Rae*

Unfortunately, the maze of FB groups for art collectors that now exist provide new opportunity for TRCRR to stalk his next victim.

from our experiences in the old CAF chat- I have never seen anyone go to such great lengths the fabricate a story and sell a lie- creating whole new personas, masquerading for days if not weeks. He is in the top five scheming nut jobs I've ever seen in this or any other hobby. :screwy:

Maybe he should consign with Pedigree? hm

(*The Reanimated Corpse of Richard Rae is copyright © 2012- mynameislegion)

Rae talk always reminds me of my very first deal here on the boards. I mentioned some of my OA, and quickly received my very first flashing envelope... from Down Under! I agree to the swap and ship away my JRJR Daredevil splash. Shortly after, I hear of RRae.

I had a few interesting days, there, but it all worked out! The Boardie in question is awesome, and NOT Richard Rae. I still much prefer the page ( and cash ) I got in the deal. A round of wins for the table!

On 2/4/2017 at 5:25 PM, Mephisto said:

If your friend passes on these pieces please pass along Mr. Bey's contact info. I believe my friend

Doctor Van Helsing would be very interested and being a doctor has funds readily available.

lol

It was either original comic book art and commissions for sale or just original comic book art (forum). I checked and he doesnt appear to be a member on either anymore, but the one has 3000+ members and i might just be searching it wrong.

I have a confession to make........ I am getting old and forgetful.

I was approached by Ardath Bay on FB and the name did not ring a bell. He started offering me Stanley Pitt pieces along with a variety of other artwork by Kane, Buscema, Perez and Colan. At no point did he offer me any Kirby, Royer or artwork Richard Rae had offered me years back (Rae said he had Pitt artwork and had sent me scans). This was new Pitt artwork, pieces I recently posted in my CAF. 

Ya I was suspicious at first, but no Kirby was ever offered though he did ask about Kirby. He had three Pitt pieces (including a painting I didnt get), we worked out a trade for a submariner page I owned. I felt it was a fair deal and he offered to send the Pitt pieces to me first. When I received them they were as he described, matched the pictures and original. I sent him the Sub-mariner page and the deal was done.

While the deal was in process, art shipping to me. Malvin and Michael Diaz did point out that it could be Richard Rae but didn't bring up this thread til today. Yes they were right. But in the end the deal turned out OK.

Though conversing with him on Facebook is very weird. He would bounce back and forth about offering of artwork and deals, trying to keep track of his thought process was tough. Then near the end he started to be offended that I didn't send me something extra when he had put in an old X-Men comic and Pitt printed clippings. The weirdest thing is he accused me of being on a grey-list "published list of people who honest people should not do deals with". Talk about the ultimate hypocrisy!

Ya I can just hear Terry laughing his asss off. I will chalk it up to old age.

Edited by Brian Peck

I have to admit, Diaz was the one that said it was Richard Rae, my suspicions were assuaged once you said you were sure it wasnt him.

It wasn't until you said his name was Ardeth Bey that I remembered this thread!

Malvin