• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zolnerowich Inside and Out
3 3

82 posts in this topic

Beautiful group of Planets, Michael. I especially like your 18..what a cover!

Here is some interior work by Zolne. Its from my copy of Fight Comics 15,origin and first appearance of the Super-American!!

IMG_1627_zpsqfix1lru.jpg

FullSizeRender85_zpsyepmkdk9.jpg

IMG_1628_zpsghfm64wh.jpg

IMG_1629_zpsbsqqg82z.jpg

Beautiful group of Planets, Michael. I especially like your 18..what a cover!

Here is some interior work by Zolne. Its from my copy of Fight Comics 15,origin and first appearance of the Super-American!!

IMG_1627_zpsqfix1lru.jpg

FullSizeRender85_zpsyepmkdk9.jpg

IMG_1628_zpsghfm64wh.jpg

IMG_1629_zpsbsqqg82z.jpg

Nice interior scans. You can tell it is his style and his art. Did he sign any of these within the art? I looked , but did not see.

Seldom seen Zolnerowich cover. I just love this one.. :cloud9:

IMG_1631_zpsmlomlcbs.jpg

I think you are right , this one is tough to find. So much going on in the cover. It would have made me spend my dime in the 1940's. I think that Fight 15 and 16 are tough and seldom seen.

Sadly I cant help with interiors. Here are a few of his Planet covers - never get tired of posting these, but I'll leave #13 to you, Kelly! Mine is okay, but cant hold a candle to your copy.

PlanetComics16CGC85_zps562f48ca.jpg

I always enjoy seeing a #16. I call it sneaky difficult to find in that you think this is an easier issue to find because you do see it for sale from time to time, but I find that it is the same 3-4 copies that are for sale and not an abundance of the issue. Your 16 is super nice Flex. I really like the green back ground.

This is the first and only cover showing "Mars, God of war."

Mars, God of War storyline details the adventures of the ancient Roman God. Each story showed him causing violent mischief on other planets. The interior stories were credited to writer Ross Gallen, and all drawn by Doolin (no Zolnerowich). The embodiment of evil, the spirit of Mars would "single out a man or woman who had evil in them," possess them, and run rampant until "the end of each story [when] good always triumphed."

The first appearance of Mars God of War was in Jumbo 31 (Zolnerowich cover starring Sheena) and then subsequent stories were all in Planet comics ineach and every issue starting in Planet 15 and went on until Planet 35 when he was defeated by a new storyline Mysta of the moon (One of my favorite internal stories for crossing over these two FH all-stars, a creative storyline, and some really nice art).

IMG_1631_zpsmlomlcbs.jpg

I think you are right , this one is tough to find. So much going on in the cover. It would have made me spend my dime in the 1940's. I think that Fight 15 and 16 are tough and seldom seen.

I like many of the Fight covers and happy to have that one in the box.

3195012152_f9d121b25b_o.jpg

IMG_1631_zpsmlomlcbs.jpg

I like many of the Fight covers and happy to have that one in the box.

3195012152_f9d121b25b_o.jpg

Three copies posted on this thread already,so much for my theory of seldom seen.. lol

Oh happy day it is.

:cloud9:Excited about the boards being back.

I am going to try and upload a scan of Jungle 21, a great Gem from Z.  I own this book. He had a great imagination to create such interesting monsters for covers. I also like the depth perception of this cover too. Also another issue where he signed Zole Rowich in two layers written within art of the tree root.

IMG_4163.JPG

Edited by kelholt
Spelling