• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zolnerowich Inside and Out
3 3

82 posts in this topic

Kelly, that's a king's ransom of Z original art!! Beautiful! Did you obtain the whole 7-page story all at once, or did you have to piece it together?

I love the use of the black shading/shadows esp. the sandstorm panels.

And on page 6, panel 5, if you added a peculiar horn and beak to that camel's head, it would qualify for one of Z's monster beasties on a Planet Comics cover, such as:

9 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Kelly, that's a king's ransom of Z original art!! Beautiful! Did you obtain the whole 7-page story all at once, or did you have to piece it together?

I love the use of the black shading/shadows esp. the sandstorm panels.

Ditto, that's super cool.  :applause:

Earlier in the thread I showed Zolnerowich first Jungle cover. Here is his first Planet Comics cover. I do own this book. I really like the black and bright  ice blue background which seems to make every detail stand out. I also like the different depth perception qualities from the hero up front, a girl detained by bad guy alien farther back on the bottom left, the Queen higher up spouting orders and she is deeper in the foreground, and the ice mountain looming in the distance. Lots of detail and love his composition of all the action.

IMG_9680.JPG

1 hour ago, kelholt said:

Zolnerowich cover of the day:

Always reminded me of "King Kong".

IMG_6272.JPG

Amazing colors, Kelly! Your books always shine. Not to take anything away from the great Zolnerowich of course...

Intriguing: the gorilla's fingernails are better manicured than Sheena's. 

11 hours ago, Sagii said:

4.5  TOUGH book, got this one last December finally. 

FullSizeRender%204_zpsgsh7su1k.jpg

Pretty book. Octopus ? is really cool. Did Zolnerowich just do the cover or did he do some interior art on this issue ?

Thanks! According to GCD, just the cover. I don't tend to crack out books I buy slabbed (unless it's '65 and up). I read the online versions of them. Saves me trouble/cost of re stabbing O.o if I decide to sell or trade. 

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, kelholt said:

Zolnerowich cover of the day:

Always reminded me of "King Kong".

IMG_6272.JPG

That's a great copy.:golfclap:I just picked  up a copy myself a few months back in 5.5

Zolnerowich cover of the day :

As usual with Z covers there are great details in the front action and nice details in the background (in this case bird nests and another person being attacked).  See if you can find the signature.....

IMG_4162.JPG.ea70b5315e3cbc49f2f6b424c8782c3b.JPG

Just now, kelholt said:

This weekend I read a story from Fight Comics 24. Zolnerowich did the cover for this. Here is the first story splash page in the book.

IMG_0499.JPG

Looking in the bottom left corner I noticed the initials DZ. 

I don't recall him signing like this, but could Dan Zolnerowich has drawn this story? If not Zolnerowich, got any ideas on who might be DZ ?

What do you all think Zolnerowich or Not  ?

IMG_0500.JPG

1 hour ago, kelholt said:

Looking in the bottom left corner I noticed the initials DZ. 

I don't recall him signing like this, but could Dan Zolnerowich has drawn this story? If not Zolnerowich, got any ideas on who might be DZ ?

What do you all think Zolnerowich or Not  ?

Oh sure, I think so. The sig clinches it, but the lovely little shading lines in the hero's face certainly look like his work.