Is Carbo allowed back into NYCC?
5 5

156 posts in this topic

The thread is gone, so I was wondering if we were spreading misinformation?

Jim

That's ok, they can't extirpate my memory of the thread. Now where'd I put that scotch?

Mike Carbo and Frank Patz and anyone associated with the theft of Eaglemoss' merchandise are as of today, banned from the Javits Center, ReedPop shows, as well as NYCC. While Patz is named as the individual who did the actual stealing, Carbonaro was named as being aware that the stealing was going on. In the articles Carbonaro is named due to Patz bringing the stolen merchandise back to Carbonaro's booth DUE TO WHAT WAS MENTIONED IN THE NYPD POLICE REPORT.

The Police Report itself was linked on Bleeding Cool.

Bleeding Cool reports that the named individuals have been banned from entering the Javits Center and are permanently banned from all ReedPOP shows, including New York Comic Con, Emerald City Comic Con and C2E2.

What happened to the other thread?

I started the thread and was the first person to choose yes :cloud9:

That, as they say, is the $1,000,000 question it seems. (shrug)

I'm sure one of the two are trying to suppress the truth with threats of defamation suits... basically saying "I still wanna steal but don't need people knowing about it".

Same thing that will happen to this one

Same thing that will happen to this one

In before the poof!

banana cream pie

banana cream pie

giphy.gif

Wasn't able to read the entire thread about the theft. What exactly was stolen and why would they do such a thing? Anyone with cliff notes of the whole thing would be appreciated. Thanks!

Wasn't able to read the entire thread about the theft. What exactly was stolen and why would they do such a thing? Anyone with cliff notes of the whole thing would be appreciated. Thanks!

Go to Bleeding Cool News. ( link )

The thread here at CGC seemed pretty tame, but a few people did post photos of one of the people involved, and then there were comments about the photos, stories about other incidents, and the standard (and to an extent justified) pile-on of posts angry about what happened.

Presumably some of the people involved complained about the thread, OR the powers that be decided it was too malicious, especially given that the people involved were longtime CGC customers, etc.

In my view, the thread was useful as a warning for people to know to secure their valuables at conventions, and other reasons that the thread's existence served the interest of the collecting community in protecting their property.

Whatever the reasons the thread was yanked, go to the Bleeding Cool story. It tells you everything you would need to know about the situation.

Go to Bleeding Cool News. ( link )

The thread here at CGC seemed pretty tame, but a few people did post photos of one of the people involved, and then there were comments about the photos, stories about other incidents, and the standard (and to an extent justified) pile-on of posts angry about what happened.

Presumably some of the people involved complained about the thread, OR the powers that be decided it was too malicious, especially given that the people involved were longtime CGC customers, etc.

In my view, the thread was useful as a warning for people to know to secure their valuables at conventions, and other reasons that the thread's existence served the interest of the collecting community in protecting their property.

Whatever the reasons the thread was yanked, go to the Bleeding Cool story. It tells you everything you would need to know about the situation.

Cool thanks for the link! I'll definitely check it out before this one gets yanked too (thumbs u I just hope no one was wrongly accused because that would just cause major problems along the line

That, as they say, is the $1,000,000 question it seems. (shrug)

Deleted to protect the guilty?

Didn't this same exact thing happen to Barbara Streisand's house?

Didn't this same exact thing happen to Barbara Streisand's house?

Threads that just magically disappear should be called the.... "Carbonaro Effect".

:grin:

I see that Patz took stuff, and brought it back to Carbos booth. Maybe I missed it but was it stated that Mike was present in the booth?

I see that Patz took stuff, and brought it back to Carbos booth. Maybe I missed it but was it stated that Mike was present in the booth?

Guilty by association, apparently.