• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Latest Project: The Bat Man

71 posts in this topic

AF-THEBATMAN-001.jpg

I've had an idea for a vintage style Batman story kicking around for a while, I pitched it to DC years ago and they were on board, then management changed over and it got lost in the shuffle, so I'm putting it to paper and offering it up in weekly installments like an old serial.

The first three episodes are up now, and new ones are up on Wednesdays. The site also has spoilers which are clearly listed if you happen to be interested in the process and don't care that much about having things given away.

You can read the other chapters here>>> THE BATMAN DEATH RAY

Check it out--hope you like it.

Edited by AndyFish

Very cool. I really like batman's cowl and the big bat ears.

and yeah, DC will probably not like it. Though it is totally ridiculous that Batman is even under copyright anymore, the creators are all long dead, but now some corporation with people that had no hand in creating it have control over it. It's stupid. Anyone should be allowed to make anything batman they want. But it will never end, just like disney constantly having copyright laws changed so they can keep a hold of mickey mouse and everything else. Evil, greedy corporations.

Here's episode two-- click the link above if you want to read further.

How long I make it before I get the C&D is part of the challenge here, although as a not for profit piece of fan-fic and my having freelanced with them in the past I might get some slack.

AF-THEBATMAN-002.jpg

Thanks for the nice comment, I'm totally aware that they are protective of their copyrights and rightly so-- even though I do agree the Public Domain laws are slanted towards big companies.

Having said all that-- this is simply my version of the original Batman and indeed intended as an homage.

We'll see how far it goes, we're on week 4 now. Anyone interested in the process of making comics feel free to visit the link above and click on Process Spoilers to get some behind the scenes access.

Meanwhile, be sure and pick up Marvel's SPIDER-WOMAN #16 which features my breakdowns next month.

I look forward to future episodes. Nicely done, I love retro batman stories and seeing them done in an UG style is cool as well. Reminds me of the more offbeat LoTDK stories from the 90s and Paul Pope's Batman Year 100.