• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Latest Project: The Bat Man

71 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2017 at 10:25 PM, 1950's war comics said:

These are better than off the rack Andyfish...........

Thank you very much!  Just wait to see what's coming up!  19 weeks in and more to go!

So lovely!  I could read this forever.  I like Alfred quite a bit.  

Just curious : Any particular reason you skipped on "Fat Alfred"?  This version helps forward the story for sure and avoids straight out slapstick so I approve but I just want to pick your brain (as opposed to your nose).   KUTGW!!!

My choice for skinny Alfred rather than the portly Alfred Beagle was simply a matter of how much story I could tell in this limited format, plus when I began the strip I "cast" it using working B-Actors from the period-- so Kane Richmond is Batman/Bruce Wayne, Doug Croft is Robin and William Austin, who played Alfred in the '43 serial, and who was responsible for National Comics changing good ol' Alf to match his appearance was my choice for Wayne's Butler.

If this were an ongoing series I would have had fat Alfred and show him go off to the fat farm to lose all the weight, but trying to keep the whole thing to 30 chapters with only a fragment of story each week I opted to cut to the skinny version.

Just caught up with the latest installments - great stuff Andy! 

I love the colours and the fact that the speech bubbles retain a certain size regardless of the volume of wording within them. Cool :headbang: