• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shouldn't the new forum be worth more?

23 posts in this topic

My guess is plan B on a failed account migration is to get the basic profile information.  I've noticed everyone with an issue (incorrect post count etc) has a "1" appended to their user name so they will probably continue to try to migrate your data.  It would be interesting to see how many accounts have failed.  So far I've seen yours and fantastic_four.  

Edited by comicquant

I got my old account back-for some reason I had two accounts under two different emails.  I do not know why this occurred.

Just that when I originally signed up I had to sign up to CGC then sign up again on the boards.  Or when I changed my email contact in profile it automatically generated a separate account login??

I think thats what happened-I signed up with one email contact.  Later I changed it in profile.  Then when I went to sign up to new boards, I used the old email and got a new account.  Kav1.  I remembered the new email, logged in to it and had new password reset to that email and got original Kav back.

Hope this helps others.

3 hours ago, kav said:

I got my old account back-for some reason I had two accounts under two different emails.  I do not know why this occurred.

Just that when I originally signed up I had to sign up to CGC then sign up again on the boards.  Or when I changed my email contact in profile it automatically generated a separate account login??

37,000+ posts in less than 3 1/2 years.  your fingers most be sore. yeah, for some reason i am just noticing post counts.  i know they were there before, but now our icons are bigger.

Edited by the blob

I had not changed the email in my board profile and I have not used that provider in well over 10 years so I won't be able to retrieve anything sent to that email address. Hoping they can give me back my old profile. :(