I hate the new boards
17 17

3,472 posts in this topic

24,950 posts

So you, long standing and contributing members, stop posting and being active members because the new design is an "eye-sore" ? Seriously !? :facepalm:

Edited by Gotham Kid

3,238 posts
11 hours ago, wickedmountain said:

Mainly the white background is the issue kinda harsh on the eyes

+1 having to scroll from the beginning page is a hassle. Makes navigating around much harder. :(

3,238 posts

Well I thought I was quoting another post lol about not taking back to last post you read on the page, and having to navigate all the way back to where you left off. The white is annoying also, but not a main distraction for me. 

Edited by nepatkm

34,148 posts
26 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

So you, long standing and contributing members, stop posting and being active members because the new design is an "eye-sore" ? Seriously !? :facepalm:

Yes. It actually gave me a headache the other day looking at it.  I think it's the bright white look of it.  Again, the "beta" is significantly better than the initial roll out and the breaks between posts is more noticeable now.   I think that once (if) we're given the option to change some of the colors/settings, it will be ok.   But the white/ligh-light grey/light grey color scheme isn't working for me.  

I love the boards (they're the only message boards I've ever joined that I stayed on longer than a month or two; 15 years, in fact!), but not enough that I'm going to accept getting a headache from reading/participating on them.  

3,416 posts
9 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

What, exactly, is your problem with them?

Like most, I didn't like the initial setup, but it's better now after some tweaks and they're still working on improvements.

:makepoint:

Legitimately, I don't like a single thing about them.

I've visited more based on habit than anything.   After a few seconds of scrolling around in my phone I notice I just exit.

I do like the "notify me of replies" switch right about the submit button  I suppose.

87 posts
48 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

+1 having to scroll from the beginning page is a hassle. Makes navigating around much harder. :(

To the left of each topic in the forums there is a star or black spot click on that man takes you to the last post :)

Edited by wickedmountain

87 posts
32 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Yes. It actually gave me a headache the other day looking at it.  I think it's the bright white look of it.  Again, the "beta" is significantly better than the initial roll out and the breaks between posts is more noticeable now.   I think that once (if) we're given the option to change some of the colors/settings, it will be ok.   But the white/ligh-light grey/light grey color scheme isn't working for me.  

I love the boards (they're the only message boards I've ever joined that I stayed on longer than a month or two; 15 years, in fact!), but not enough that I'm going to accept getting a headache from reading/participating on them.  

Hi if you use firefox try this ad on it works good for cganging the background color :)https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/color-that-site/

3 posts

Reading this new format is painful. They also changed my username and I lost about 3500 post counts. WTH

Edited by rtemple

3 posts
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Yep. I lost 3500 post counts and my name changed. Passion4Comics.....   Poof.  Just because I wasn't posting didn't mean I haven't been reading :)

87 posts
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Not me i found a way around it :) ehh there choice iv'e tried helping a few people though :)

87 posts
Just now, rtemple said:

Yep. I lost 3500 post counts and my name changed. Passion4Comics.....   Poof.  Just because I wasn't posting didn't mean I haven't been reading :)

Wow it shouldn't have done that omg :(

9,257 posts
9 hours ago, jjfversion1 said:

Does anyone feel like user activity has slowed down since the transition? Might just be the weekend, but I wonder if things will pick up as more people become accustomed to the new board.

It sure seems like it.  (shrug)

126 posts

Test.  Fingers crossed.............

Diary of Horror 1 Avon 12-52  75.jpg

13,143 posts
6 minutes ago, Azkaban said:
10 hours ago, jjfversion1 said:

Does anyone feel like user activity has slowed down since the transition? Might just be the weekend, but I wonder if things will pick up as more people become accustomed to the new board.

I think many are posting in threads about the new boards instead of posting in the normal spots. So traffic on my usual threads is down but tons of new posts about the boards.

4,159 posts
10 hours ago, jjfversion1 said:

Yeah, even the sales forum seems dead. I'm hoping it's just because people are having trouble coming over to the new place, and not because folks decided to leave. Because right now this place is snoozeville. 

giphy.gif

10,336 posts
9 minutes ago, Azkaban said:

Very much so. I think that could be part of the reason for the switch. Less time spent moderating.

2,478 posts

The old boards looked professional .. different .. now it just looks like the other guys site  and facebook ... 

Edited by Paddy_McShillihan