I hate the new boards
17 17

3,472 posts in this topic

6,385 posts
30 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

It's inconsistent.  Right now it's fast.  But you're right, sometimes it doesn't load at all.  That's clearly a system issue.

But when it's fast, it's faster than the old forum ever was.

The board host was having an infrastructure issue that they may have resolved now.

Either way it isn't inherent to the new boards and will get fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,579 posts
1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

There are 184 users online right now.  I don't remember the old boards having many more than that at a time.

I wonder if the old boards didn't include people who had selected "Hide from Who's Online" in their preferences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,297 posts
13 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

I wonder if the old boards didn't include people who had selected "Hide from Who's Online" in their preferences.

Your custom title doesn't make much sense anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,245 posts

Besides not having my old account merged yet I really wish they'd get a drop down menu like the old boards so I could more easily go between sub forums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,031 posts
53 minutes ago, Architecht said:

The board host was having an infrastructure issue that they may have resolved now.

Either way it isn't inherent to the new boards and will get fixed.

Good to know, I was having issues with page loading as well. It has been better today so far but yesterday was pretty bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,297 posts
30 minutes ago, TeddieMercede1 said:

Besides not having my old account merged yet I really wish they'd get a drop down menu like the old boards so I could more easily go between sub forums. 

There's a "Jump To" box near the top right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,418 posts

Not sure if new posts are up or down on average since the new board change, but I consider myself a daily visitor of the boards, don't always post alot, but I did enjoy reading and looking through a few threads.  I haven't had the desire with the change of the new boards to visit on a daily basis, and I wonder if anyone else is having the same thoughts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,031 posts
1 minute ago, A.Romeo said:

Not sure if new posts are up or down on average since the new board change, but I consider myself a daily visitor of the boards, don't always post alot, but I did enjoy reading and looking through a few threads.  I haven't had the desire with the change of the new boards to visit on a daily basis, and I wonder if anyone else is having the same thoughts.  

I think I am spending less time here since the migration, and am pretty sure I have been posting less than average though I haven't done any math on that.

Surely someone more savvy than I am could run some kind of diagnostic to see if the new boards are generating similar numbers of posts than the old boards. I'd also be curious to see if there has been a dropoff in some areas/threads. I post a fair bit in the Events section, and I don't think the activity in that area of the boards has been nearly as strong as it was in the old place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,031 posts

I'm also down about 240 posts from the old place, just checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,385 posts
1 minute ago, mysterio said:

I think I am spending less time here since the migration, and am pretty sure I have been posting less than average though I haven't done any math on that.

Surely someone more savvy than I am could run some kind of diagnostic to see if the new boards are generating similar numbers of posts than the old boards. I'd also be curious to see if there has been a dropoff in some areas/threads. I post a fair bit in the Events section, and I don't think the activity in that area of the boards has been nearly as strong as it was in the old place.

Due to the number of people who left an old email address on their boards account and different email address on an existing registry account, I think we have a fair number of people having trouble logging in.  Obviously from Who's Online we have lots who made it, but there are definitely some stuck people that we're trying to unstick. That probably has some effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,031 posts
Just now, Architecht said:

Due to the number of people who left an old email address on their boards account and different email address on an existing registry account, I think we have a fair number of people having trouble logging in.  Obviously from Who's Online we have lots who made it, but there are definitely some stuck people that we're trying to unstick. That probably has some effect.

That is a very fair point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,254 posts
15 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I'm also down about 240 posts from the old place, just checked.

Arch lost 500-600 overnight- so nobody was immune- post counts that included deleted threads and test threads that were not imported from the old boards resulted in a reaccounting of user post counts. Basically it's a true reflection of all the relevant posts that are actually present and accessible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,802 posts
50 minutes ago, Architecht said:

Due to the number of people who left an old email address on their boards account and different email address on an existing registry account, I think we have a fair number of people having trouble logging in.  Obviously from Who's Online we have lots who made it, but there are definitely some stuck people that we're trying to unstick. That probably has some effect.

Tru Dat

I luckily changed my old email in my account just before the transition happened - glad it took.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,245 posts
1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

There's a "Jump To" box near the top right.

I see it now ty - seems limited though and I'm not able to jump to sub forums inside the CGC Boards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,263 posts
43 minutes ago, TeddieMercede1 said:
2 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

There's a "Jump To" box near the top right.

I see it now ty - seems limited though and I'm not able to jump to sub forums inside the CGC Boards. 

Categories, in the upper bar just gives you the five forum choices, Jump To gives you a link to all the sub-forums listed (you can even collapse NGC coins) & use the slide bar on the right to jump to any subforum.

 

Jump to Categories.png

Edited by bababooey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,245 posts
1 minute ago, bababooey said:

Categories, in the upper bar just gives you the five forum choices, Jump To gives you a link to all the sub-forums listed (you can even collapse NGC coins) & use the slide bar on the right to jump to any subforum.

 

Jump to Categories.png

Thank you so much ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
493 posts
3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

It's inconsistent.  Right now it's fast.  But you're right, sometimes it doesn't load at all.  That's clearly a system issue.

But when it's fast, it's faster than the old forum ever was.

In my experience it's been the opposite.  The old board was faster. Or at least just as fast.  And I never had any loading problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
87 posts
3 hours ago, Erndog said:

The new color scheme has helped.

And hey look, square avatars.


Nice!  We're slowly getting there....

What new color scheme????? it's grey on white in the beta or just all white nothing new i see ????????

Edited by wickedmountain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,608 posts

Where is the "Jump to" feature? I'm using my iPad and can't find it. :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
87 posts
Just now, HarveySwick said:

Where is the "Jump to" feature? I'm using my iPad and can't find it. :|

Hi on PC it's below the comment box should be there for ya i assume :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
17 17