I hate the new boards
17 17

3,472 posts in this topic

10,107 posts
2 minutes ago, wickedmountain said:

Hi on PC it's below the comment box should be there for ya i assume :/

Ya, bottom right, in the tan, above the dark grey. Jump To...Unread Content...Mark Site Read.

5,808 posts
16 minutes ago, wickedmountain said:
3 hours ago, Erndog said:

The new color scheme has helped.

And hey look, square avatars.

Nice!  We're slowly getting there....

What new color scheme????? it's grey on white in the beta or just all white nothing new i see ????????

Judging by the avatar comment, he hadn't switched to the beta before it was changed to be the default theme.

495 posts

Installing tabs and/or drop down boxes I think would go a long way.  Especially if they were named with some familiar names like the old board had.  You know, "my stuff, my watched lists, my posts, etc." Instead of "my activity, categories, and my followed content".

Keeping the names the same would have, and will makes things seem a little clearer. And not seem so much like everything has changed. Example: if "my posts" are still there.  It would have helped a lot if they had been named "my posts" instead of "content I posted in" or whatever it says now.

Get the color scheme changed ( I personally like the old board colors), dramatically cut down on all the white, and box things in so that they are distinguishable.  Also, please hightlight unread and new posts. That is so simple and useful.

Then we might start to be headed in the right direction.

Edited by HemiGTX

7,267 posts
50 minutes ago, HarveySwick said:

Where is the "Jump to" feature? I'm using my iPad and can't find it. :|

I can't find it on my cell phone, it may be a plug in that Arch added that isn't mobile compatible (It's not mentioned in the latest navigation sticky/see #4)  It probably should be part of the mobile drop down function in the upper right.

In your screen shot you aren't even showing the top main bar for navigation so you may be losing some functionality with beta - try to switch that first and see if you get the navigation bar at least that shows you "activities" "search" "drop down menu".

My drop down currently shows a bell & envelope, sign out/mark site as read...followed by account cgc comic cgc registry browse, activity, categories, settings.  I'd take a snapshot of it but I don't know how. :|

Edited by bababooey
added part in brackets

6,385 posts
12 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I can't find it on my cell phone, it may be a plug in that Arch added that isn't mobile compatible (It's not mentioned in the latest navigation sticky/see #4)  It probably should be part of the mobile drop down function in the upper right.

In your screen shot you aren't even showing the top main bar for navigation so you may be losing some functionality with beta - try to switch that first and see if you get the navigation bar at least that shows you "activities" "search" "drop down menu".

My drop down currently shows a bell & envelope, sign out/mark site as read...followed by account cgc comic cgc registry browse, activity, categories, settings.  I'd take a snapshot of it but I don't know how. :|

It doesn't show on mobile. Not sure how / if I can get that working, but I'll check it out.

19,608 posts

@Architecht

Can you do a quick third option for Themes which is just the reverse of the Beta? Meaning the area around Members' names is the darker color and the post itself is white. The contrast of the white background and black font is easier to read on mobile devices and the added color is much better than the Default all white version.

6,385 posts
1 minute ago, HarveySwick said:

@Architecht

Can you do a quick third option for Themes which is just the reverse of the Beta? Meaning the area around Members' names is the darker color and the post itself is white. The contrast of the white background and black font is easier to read on mobile devices and the added color is much better than the Default all white version.

Haven't found a way to edit the space around the user name on a post through the theme we have installed. Someone is working on an alternative theme, and I'm thinking about installing a whole different theme that is dark overall.

87 posts
Just now, Architecht said:

Haven't found a way to edit the space around the user name on a post through the theme we have installed. Someone is working on an alternative theme, and I'm thinking about installing a whole different theme that is dark overall.

Dark theme would be great sir :)

16,581 posts
4 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Your custom title doesn't make much sense anymore.

So says Mr. " <br>Don't let these guys jerk you around. To change your custom "

2,500 posts
3 hours ago, A.Romeo said:

Not sure if new posts are up or down on average since the new board change, but I consider myself a daily visitor of the boards, don't always post alot, but I did enjoy reading and looking through a few threads.  I haven't had the desire with the change of the new boards to visit on a daily basis, and I wonder if anyone else is having the same thoughts.  

This.

5,808 posts
1 hour ago, HemiGTX said:

Get the color scheme changed ( I personally like the old board colors), dramatically cut down on all the white

If you're going to keep saying stuff like this, please go back to the old boards, take at least one screenshot of what you saw with your settings, then come back and post it here.

I saw a lot of white on the old boards.

45,458 posts
42 minutes ago, HarveySwick said:

Don't like the "Like" addition. Adds more text to an already overly crowded text box. 2c

Ironically I 'liked'this post, but yeah...overkill 2c