• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tacoma's Fantasticon May 13, 2017 - SOLD OUT
1 1

26 posts in this topic

A friend and I are starting a small Comicon in Tacoma, WA. It is in a hotel banquet room, for now, and we are hoping to build it up from there.

We are taking applications for this.

fanflyer b.jpg

fantasticon application.jpg

Edited by Gatchaman

I think the Tacoma-Seattle market needs a show like yours at least twice a year. May consider charging a bit more, say $50, for wall tables in the future. Using Facebook is a time saving way to send out email marketing or con :nyah: updates fast. How is the parking around the hotel?

8 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

I think the Tacoma-Seattle market needs a show like yours at least twice a year. May consider charging a bit more, say $50, for wall tables in the future. Using Facebook is a time saving way to send out email marketing or con :nyah: updates fast. How is the parking around the hotel?

Thanks.  I have been reaching out to the various stores and letting them know and asking if they will carry our fliers.  I have been getting good reception.  The people on my FB group are excited for it.  There is a lot of parking around the building.  We are using this show to see how it goes and want to do 2-3 times a year.

On 3/27/2017 at 10:59 AM, Lego said:

Man, I was just lamenting the lack of small shows in the Seattle area.  This is great news!  Looking forward to the show.  

Thank you.  We are getting a lot of great feedback about it.   I have stores all over handing out fliers for us.

I have formed a local Facebook group made up of just comic enthusiasts from Portland area to north of Seattle.  It is a great network of stores, sellers, buyers, and collectors.  I keep members updated on local chows and comic goings.  Also, list when there are yard and estate sales that have comics.  Check it out and join.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/959471804100536/

Edited by Gatchaman

9 minutes ago, Gatchaman said:

Thank you.  We are getting a lot of great feedback about it.   I have stores all over handing out fliers for us.

I have formed a local Facebook group made up of just comic enthusiasts from Portland area to north of Seattle.  It is a great network of stores, sellers, buyers, and collectors.  I keep members updated on local chows and comic goings.  Also, list when there are yard and estate sales that have comics.  Check it out and join.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/959471804100536/

Thanks for the invite!  I actually just joined yesterday.  :banana:  I'm loving the activity in that group... I'm new to Seattle and I don't know many/any comic book people in the area yet, so it'll be good to get chat with you guys.

On 3/28/2017 at 3:55 PM, Lego said:

Thanks for the invite!  I actually just joined yesterday.  :banana:  I'm loving the activity in that group... I'm new to Seattle and I don't know many/any comic book people in the area yet, so it'll be good to get chat with you guys.

That is great.  Welcome aboard.

FANTASTACON has 2 tables left for Vendors. First come first serve.

Our plans are to do this 2-3 times a year, if this does well, and it looks like it is so far.  Proof is in the pudding on show day.

On 4/4/2017 at 10:04 AM, Lego said:

None of the Seattle stores are going to have a presence there?  (Arcane, Comics Dungeon, et al.)  

I wouldn't doubt if people are waiting to see how this one will do.  We have numerous people on waiting list for tables.  By the time people saw we were serious our table space ran out.  We are getting a larger room next time.  I have numerous stores handing out our fliers for the show and my FB group is getting larger with many eagerly waiting for this show.  There are stores that are greatly advertising us.

Would love to go there for one day to check out this show. Anyone in Vancouver BC (or greater Vancouver region) plan to go there? I could join and help on gas expenses. hm

if not, that's ok ... can try next time.