• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Allow for darker (less white) background

Question

13 answers to this question

• Administrator

I think there is more to do here, but for now, if you go to the lower left corner at the bottom of the page, you will find a "Themes" selection.

Pick the "beta tweaks for feedback" theme. It's not great yet, but it moves in this direction.

33 minutes ago, TMNT said:

The ability to change background color themes would be great. Especially to a gray or black background. 

Agreed. Although for me it's not the white that bothers me, it's how much white is in the areas where there is writing and posting. I'd be OK with an over all white background on the margins if there was some more contrast in the thread and post areas in the center of the page where all the content is.

3 hours ago, Architecht said:

I think there is more to do here, but for now, if you go to the lower left corner at the bottom of the page, you will find a "Themes" selection.

Pick the "beta tweaks for feedback" theme. It's not great yet, but it moves in this direction.

And yes, there's more work to do there, but a move in the right direction. :)

On 2/11/2017 at 4:07 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Beta is just fine, if the grey could be just a wee bit darker :wishluck:

The beta helps alot.  I think the grey is fine.  But I am having difficulty seeing where one post ends and the next begins.  so I would like to have a skin with dark borders around posts.  Thanks!

8 hours ago, n2wdw said:

The beta helps alot.  I think the grey is fine.  But I am having difficulty seeing where one post ends and the next begins.  so I would like to have a skin with dark borders around posts.  Thanks!

I'd agree with that too. Distinctions between posts were much clearer (more color contrast, less of an overall 'wash' look) in the previous boards incarnation.

18 hours ago, Point Five said:

I'd agree with that too. Distinctions between posts were much clearer (more color contrast, less of an overall 'wash' look) in the previous boards incarnation.

I think the white quote box at the bottom of the post doesn't help either

Yeah, the "beta boards" are a lot better.  It seems like they've also darkened the grey up a little more.   Makes it much easier to break up the posts.   

I agree about the "quote box" in each post.  

I'd also like to see them be able to shrink up the left side a little more so that the posts are a little bigger.   Turning off the right side user list was a big improvement.