• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reinstate the 'Originally Posted By' Quote Boxes
1 1

Question

4 answers to this question

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dog Like Sparky said:

Reinstate the 'Originally Posted By' quote boxes so that we can clearly differentiate new text from the previous post quote.

Does this just mean make the contrast colors and/or borders around quoted text stand out more?

2 minutes ago, Architecht said:

Does this just mean make the contrast colors and/or borders around quoted text stand out more?

I can barely see the quote borders to the point that at first I thought they weren't there. If I hover over them with the cursor the boxes turn a darker blue. I have read a few posts with multiple quotes within them and have found it difficult to see who said what within them. So anything which differentiates new text from quoted text will help - be it boxing in / colouring / differing the background colour.

Just now, Dog Like Sparky said:

I can barely see the quote borders to the point that at first I thought they weren't there. If I hover over them with the cursor the boxes turn a darker blue. I have read a few posts with multiple quotes within them and have found it difficult to see who said what within them. So anything which differentiates new text from quoted text will help - be it boxing in / colouring / differing the background colour.

And sorry, the quote boxes only turn blue when you hover over them as your composing a response, not after posting. 

On 2017-02-10 at 11:45 AM, Marwood & I said:
On 2017-02-10 at 11:40 AM, Architecht said:

One thing that is neat is that you can collapse / spoiler the quotes.

just spit balling but what might be a neat feature is to have the spoiler be the default setting and people can 'unspoiler' them if they want to read them. That removes the messiness that previously nested quotes brought.

1 1