• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Make the font size (of thread titles) smaller, at least for laptop viewing

Question

I have not yet checked out what things look like on my smartphone, but certainly for laptop/computer viewing, one of the biggest problems is that the number of threads one can see in one shot is much smaller than before.

This is due to two things, I believe:  lots of DEAD SPACE (white), which is just occupying a lot of space that would otherwise be filled by other threads etc.  THAT has already been addressed in one of the very first Voting Questions posted here ALREADY.

The SECOND is FONT SIZE.  At least for computer viewing, the Font is MUCH too large (and so takes up too much space, preventing other threads from being seen).  THIS FONT SIZE should be REDUCED (perhaps A LOT) - that is what THIS VOTING QUESTION IS ABOUT.

Edited by NEWTON EINSTEIN
for greater clarity

5 answers to this question

• Administrator
On 2/10/2017 at 11:39 AM, MusterMark said:

I have not yet checked out what things look like on my smartphone, but certainly for laptop/computer viewing, one of the biggest problems is that the number of threads one can see in one shot is much smaller than before.

This is due to two things, I believe:  lots of DEAD SPACE (white), which is just occupying a lot of space that would otherwise be filled by other threads etc.  THAT has already been addressed in one of the very first Voting Questions posted here ALREADY.

The SECOND is FONT SIZE.  At least for computer viewing, the Font is MUCH too large (and so takes up too much space, preventing other threads from being seen).  THIS FONT SIZE should be REDUCED (perhaps A LOT) - that is what THIS VOTING QUESTION IS ABOUT.

We adjusted this a while back, but just to follow up.

There are now three themes on the board - all of them have had the fonts adjusted downward. Two of them are responsively designed, so they'll resize on a small screen - with a choice for larger and smaller fonts inside the posts themselves. One is forced to desktop, so that if you prefer to be able to zoom in and out on the pages, you can. That has the effect of allowing you to shrink the fonts significantly for more of an "at a glance" view.

On 10/2/2017 at 6:39 PM, NEWTON EINSTEIN said:

At the bottom left of the page look for "Theme". On the drop down click "beta". This will change the forum to grey and white ( lot less of it )

Hope this at least helps first concern.

6 hours ago, Architecht said:

We adjusted this a while back, but just to follow up.

There are now three themes on the board - all of them have had the fonts adjusted downward. Two of them are responsively designed, so they'll resize on a small screen - with a choice for larger and smaller fonts inside the posts themselves. One is forced to desktop, so that if you prefer to be able to zoom in and out on the pages, you can. That has the effect of allowing you to shrink the fonts significantly for more of an "at a glance" view.

Thank you very much, Arch!!!  :smile: